• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Grade This Morgan...Lots of Pics

15 posts in this topic

It has the look of a decent MS-63 with that annoying rub on the breast of the eagle. Coins like this can end up in MS-61 or 62 holders if they are a rare date with a big price tag for MS-63. Otherwise if it is a common date as this 1889 is, you will see pieces like this in MS-63 holders.

It has the look of a decent MS-63 with that annoying rub on the breast of the eagle. Coins like this can end up in MS-61 or 62 holders if they are a rare date with a big price tag for MS-63. Otherwise if it is a common date as this 1889 is, you will see pieces like this in MS-63 holders.

I was going to give an opinion but there's nothing to add to Bill's words. :) All the same, a very nice Barwing. I've been trying to cherrypick one of those for a long time.

I was going to give an opinion but there's nothing to add to Bill's words. :) All the same, a very nice Barwing. I've been trying to cherrypick one of those for a long time.

I agree Ms-63 Nice vam. (thumbs u

The hits are too many for a 63 in my opinion. Maybe a low 63. I'd think 62. The luster doesn't blow me away, either. I agree with Bill, though. A lot depends on the date and the value of the next grade up.

Other than perhaps around the wings I really don't see field wear indicative of AU 58. Of course a picture is one thing, seeing it in person is another.