• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Of all the bad luck.......

15 posts in this topic

I live 50 miles from the Denver mint, and have found 5 1916 mercs with my metal detector, including 1 last night. You would think that at least one of those would be a D. Nope, 3 have been S mints and 2 have been Phillys, including the one last night. :(

JJ

I live 50 miles from the Denver mint, and have found 5 1916 mercs with my metal detector, including 1 last night. You would think that at least one of those would be a D. Nope, 3 have been S mints and 2 have been Phillys, including the one last night. :(

JJ

JJ, that had nothing to do with bad "luck". Apparently you are unfamiliar with the mean spirited folks who plant 1916 dimes in that location for the express purpose of driving collectors like you with metal detectors, crazy beyond belief. :devil:

JJ

JJ, that had nothing to do with bad "luck". Apparently you are unfamiliar with the mean spirited folks who plant 1916 dimes in that location for the express purpose of driving collectors like you with metal detectors, crazy beyond belief. :devil:

I'm beginning to wonder.

JJ

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Ask the folks at the Denver Mint whether they'll let you roam the grounds there with your metal detector. :grin:

you need to take your detector near the philly and san fran mint to get the rare stuff.

It's just crazy enough to work!

do you live in the longmont, boulder area relic? if so the resevour is a fun place to look. carter lake is also a good place :)