• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You nailed it....

41 posts in this topic

Mike...nice 1818! Although this isn't a "guess the grade" thread...I'm going to say MS62BN???

L

RAW :)

The EAC dealer I bought it from (Tom Reynolds) graded it 45+ details, net 45. I suspect NGC would give it a 58 or 62, and PCGS a 55 or 58...Mike

p.s. my apologies to the OP for the tangent.

Here's three I think I nailed.

This coin is very dark overall and hard to light without blowing out the highlights

64797129.jpg

64797130.jpg

This was taken as part of a contest about a year or two ago. It is an Anaconda coin that shipped around the country and several people photographed it. It was an extremely difficult coin to image because the center was proof like and the edges were strongly toned.

48005222.jpg

48005223.jpg

I like this one because it is so perfect. There is not a single blemish of any kind anywhere on the coin.

67827627.jpg

67827628.jpg

Beautiful Half Larry. I like your Gold SAE there steve, and the others too. I like SAE's for some reason!

You mean the 1 oz Gold Eagle? hm

Beautiful Half Larry. I like your Gold SAE there steve, and the others too. I like SAE's for some reason!

You mean the 1 oz Gold Eagle? hm

Yea, I don't buy those so I kind of put them in the same SAE bullion category!

Utterly Fantastic images one and all. I am so jealous of some of the photo talent we have on here.

I struggle as I am sure many do so here are two examples from one extreme (raw, circulated) to another (Ultra Cameo Proof). It is just luck of the draw that they are from the dark side.

17722RealesObv.jpg

17722RealesRev.jpg

This Proof is in a case which I do not dare open to remove the coin. I have yet to eliminate the reflection you see but my goal was to "nail" the mirrored field in black and the rich cameo.

2006DollarObv2-1.jpg

2006DollarObv-1.jpg

Here's a couple that I think I nailed pretty good.

2007wUNCSAEObv-1.jpg

2007wUNCSAERev-1.jpg

Rev of my 1885o

1885oMoreganrev1000pix.jpg

This one's been shown before but I still think it turned out good.

1880SMorganNGCMS63PLRevObv.jpg

The standing lib. qtr. the strike is so strong , the coin comes to life and the Franklin looks so stuning that the fields look like liquid metal. Thank you for sharing these wonderful images. All of these images are 100 times better than what I can do on my best days.

John

That is an incredible standing liberty. (thumbs u Also love the sharp detail on the AGE 1 oz. All of the photos I've seen here are great. :)

OK, another one, courtesy of James_EarlyUS, and my favorite coin since the day it arrived. I know, it's been seen here before. So look again. :)

1839SillyObv1.jpg

1839SillyRev1.jpg