• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

how do you price a pop 1 or pop 2 coin.

5 posts in this topic

i have a 1942-p silver jefferson graded ms-68. it was the first one graded this high by NGC. NOW THERE IS A 2ND AND NON GRADED this hogh by the other guys PCGS. when there is only one or 2 of a coin graded this high there is not enough sells to have an average "trend" by anybody. how do i price this coin now that i am retired and thinking of selling? you certainly do not go to the nearest coin dealer and ask "hey buddy what'll you give for this?"

You'll probably get more responses to this question if you ask it in the US coins forum here.

My suggestion would be to talk to one of the big-name dealers for more information - maybe Mark Feld can point you in the right direction. Lots of helpful people post here.

Another option, that could be considered along with other sources would be to post the question under the Ask Numismedia Forum. Dennis Baker of Numismedia is very prompt in providing any assitance he can regarding what they would consider the fair maket value of a coin. I have been succesful in obtaining a value on two occasions with the same circumstances as you.

Rey

Welcome Ken. You can always contact Heritage Auctions, or any other major auction firm and explain to them what you have. They may be able to check history if any have sold in other Slabs.