• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I would like to apologize to the board...

18 posts in this topic

There has been an increasing amount of heated discussion all through the coin boards and I would like to apologize for not being the cause of it... lol

It seems that strong opinions are on both sides of the arguement and both sides are making strong points..

But it also seems that it's starting to get personal,,And there are some names being called.

Maybe a break is Needed 2c

I surely agree. It has gotten to the point, for me anyway, to steer clear of these topics. With all the verbal abuse going on, it has limited my interest in any of the latest topics.

I am beginning to think I am ATS because of some of the arrogance, ignorance, and outright rudeness being displayed. :( Perhaps the offenders need to be sent to time out.

I am beginning to think I am ATS because of some of the arrogance, ignorance, and outright rudeness being displayed. :( Perhaps the offenders need to be sent to time out.
We are all adults..Perhaps a little self restraint is needed..

Amongst all of the posts related to the most recent hot topic, there were some very good points, questions, observations and information that was being presented and discussed. Unfortunately as indicated above these highlights of the posts were essentially drowned out with the other what I consider non-essential dialogue, etc.

I found myself reading through them because I wanted to learn what I could about the entire subject, but personally I did not need all of the extra nonsense. I realize it is a forum about discussions and that is fine but it did get out of hand in my opinion. Even attempts by some to begin other posts related to other coin related topics seemed to me to be ignored. But so it goes.

It is a great forum, and everyone has something to contribute but I think the comment above about self restraint is very appropriate.

Just my thoughts.

Rey

Read the first post and thanks for that Mark.. now i just skip and go and look at posts About COINS.. :hi:

if people want to person_without_enough_empathy about there is always another site .. So i hear !!!! lol

I have personally taken a break from the boards due to my perceived change in our board.

I really don't know if it is due to exiles or refugees seeking asylum from the other boards or not.

I do know that we were always a friendly lot here and helpful to the other posters, unless the asked something we could get a chuckle out of.

Maybe its just me but I really enjoy this forum and hope for the best.

I have personally taken a break from the boards due to my perceived change in our board.

I really don't know if it is due to exiles or refugees seeking asylum from the other boards or not.

I do know that we were always a friendly lot here and helpful to the other posters, unless the asked something we could get a chuckle out of.

Maybe its just me but I really enjoy this forum and hope for the best.

I completely understand. I have though about this myself. I feel like I'm ATS, wading thru all the !

Just my 2 Cents worth... It doesn't matter if you're in science or if you're selling coins... if you're on the cutting edge of something there are going to be differences of opinion. In science it's easy. One simply develops a hypothesis and goes into the lab and devises a set of experiments to either proove or disproove that hypothesis. Thus is the nature of an objective endevor. Coin collecting, on the other hand, is a purely subjective endevor. Differences in opinion are just that...simply differences in opinion. It's up to rational people to determine how to handle those differences.

Leo