• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daughters' newps...Peace Dollars...and thanks to ant...

8 posts in this topic

A few months ago "ant" [Anthony] ran a thread about Peace Dollars and I told him [and the board] about my daughters' collection. Anthony was very kind to send my daughter a PCGS certified 1923 in MS64. Anyway...my daughter decided to trade this piece for others at our local B&M shop. Sorry about the crummy scans...my wife has the digital camera on vacation in FL...

Peacedollarsobv.jpg

Peacedollarsrev.jpg

All of these were pulled out of the bulk bin...this is where she's gotten her entire collection thus far...except for the 1922 that "Santa Claus" got her. The 1922-S and the 1924 Philli still have mint luster on them that the scans just don't pick up. The 1934-S...well it's scratched but for $13 I thought it was a pretty good deal.

I think she did OK for herself...L

BTW...THANKS ant!!

Leo, I envy both you and your daughter. I can remember the days going to the coin shop as a youngster, so excited when I thought I had found something that Mel the owner didn't "catch". It was exhilirating and I never got over it-that was 50 years ago. Congrats. Also, Ant, great motivational move. My hats off to you.

Leo, I envy both you and your daughter. I can remember the days going to the coin shop as a youngster, so excited when I thought I had found something that Mel the owner didn't "catch". It was exhilirating and I never got over it-that was 50 years ago. Congrats. Also, Ant, great motivational move. My hats off to you.

Absolutely, well said Jes. Great move Ant. :applause::banana:

MercP...Thanks for digging out that thread!! Awesome pics...

Jim... Absolutely! These are the memories we're building together. Also, I remember how difficult it was just starting out. It definitely would have been beneficial if I had someone to show me the ropes as a kid.

Thanks to all...Leo

My respect goes out to you Leo. I Think it's great youths into numismatics. I think it's a great hobby that teaches them about money, history, and the care of one's hard earned possessions.