• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this a problem

9 posts in this topic

I just bought this BRILLIANT 1936 PR 65 Buffalo Nickel and it has some black spots under the Bison's belly. The obverse looks amazing, but Im curious about it (7 day return policy)

Are these "carbon spots" and should I return (as I paid top dollar)?

closeup.jpg

The carbon spots are quite common on proof Buffalo nickels and should be stable. There are quite a few otherwise gorgeous proof Buffalo nickels that have some spots on them. If this characteristic bothers you then you might do well to return the coin. If you are not familiar with this issue then perhaps you should look around and learn a bit more before sinking your money into the coin.

Those may not be carbon but rather toning spots. Plus, those spots appear extremely minor and are pretty common on nickel coins. If they appeared 3D or much larger, I'd be concerned, but I think the coin is fine the way it is.

dipped out coin with problems i would send it back toot sweet

the problems will only grow on youwith each day and this is not a rare coin they are always availavle

i rather get a killer proof 67 1937 with no haze cloudiness no fly specks and also some nice toning with killer eye appeal this coin is slightly below average eye appeal at best

also only buy well balanc ed coins this coin is not at all well balanced

you got an okie obverse not great but okie and a subpar reverse

yuk non special coins

psass return it now