• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

artificial cameo frosting?

9 posts in this topic

I read on a post in the last day or so, but cannot find it again. Someone mentioned artificial cameo frosting. Is this possible and how would it be kept on just the cameos and lettering? That was the first time I had heard of this procedure and do not doubt its possibility, just wanting an explanation if anyone knows the info. Thanks.

I saw some images ATS posted by Russ that showed the artificial frost running down the coin like cheap mascara. I'll try to find the link.

saen78-Thank you for the post and links and thanks to Russ for his time and photos. This is most interesting in regards to PCGS evidently grading so many of these fakes and buying them back after they turn. I would like to see one that has been freshly done to see why they passed PCGS's grading standards to begin with. Must really look good.