• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coin holders and proper storage of coins

8 posts in this topic

a little break from the "future of the world", stuff.

How/where can I get holders (airtites/eagles) for non-us coins. For example I have 20-30 silver coins with a diameter of ~39mm. I'm thinking the most valuable I'd put in eagle holders and the rest in airtites, I could just keep them in flips, but that much material in contact with the face of a coin makes me nervous. I'd be fine with koin-tains, but I can't seem to find them in anything but US sizes.

So when I go to buy an airtite direct fit for a 39mm coin, do I get 39mm or 40mm? Do they make eagle holders in mm sizes?

Go to www.jpscorner.com

Jerry has direct-fit airtites and those with accent rings. For the direct fit, there is a conversion chart below the list. Those with accent rings are listed in metric diameters.

Chris

yeah, nevermind... probably just a glitch. I tried several times in a row, and then I posted, and it came up..

That's actually my problem. I now have a bunch of old german coins 39mm, 34mm, 28mm, etc. I was wondering how to store them.

There are a couple airtites that will work for those. For your 28mm, you can use a 30mm (half dollar), for the 34mm you would have to go to a 38mm (larger dollars), and for your 39mm go to the 40mm(ASE).