• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just got the last Harry Potter book today (5 days early) - wonder what I could..

27 posts in this topic

...trade it for, coin-wise? There's got to be someone willing to pay dearly for an early taste of the book, overnighted to him... lol

FWIW, I preordered it from deepdiscount.com

Think it's worth GOLD?!

Yeah, right. I should just walk it over to my local Barnes and Noble and hawk it. I bet some rich kid's mom would pay me $200 for it :)

BTW: it's pretty good so far.

i dont need the book as i live next to Alnwick castle were they filmed it (thumbs u
You're just showing off!! (:

I'm confused ... did you ACTUALLY get the book early? If so, I'm pretty sure that the company that sent it to you has breached their contract and you could probably turn them in for a fair amount of cash.

I'm confused ... did you ACTUALLY get the book early? If so, I'm pretty sure that the company that sent it to you has breached their contract and you could probably turn them in for a fair amount of cash.

I'm on page 389. The company apparently sent out the preorders timed to arrive on the release date (although they screwed it up by 5 days)

WOW - I just got a call from Scholastic who said that the retailer I bought from had shipped too early. The woman on the phone asked me not to share any spoilers until the release date and in return, they're mailing me a $50 gift card for scholastic.com and a free t-shirt.

Works for me. lol

...Although for a second there, I thought they were about to bust me for selling the book on eBay!

BTW: I finished it over lunch today and it was great.

WOW - I just got a call from Scholastic who said that the retailer I bought from had shipped too early. The woman on the phone asked me not to share any spoilers until the release date and in return, they're mailing me a $50 gift card for scholastic.com and a free t-shirt.

Works for me. lol

...Although for a second there, I thought they were about to bust me for selling the book on eBay!

BTW: I finished it over lunch today and it was great.

Told ya so. :)

Okay...wow. I've got over 1500 hits on that auction on eBay and I'm mentioned on MSNBC

At least one purchaser may have ignored the appeal. An eBay user

claiming to have an authentic version of the book was selling it online

for $175 on Wednesday, instructing potential bidders to "Buy It Now,"

rather than go through the usual time-consuming auction process.

Yeah, poor guys. Deepdiscount.com is one of the best retailers out there.

And SO ENDS MY NON-MINT FLIPPING EXPERIENCE.

It's too bad that someone wouldn't trade me coins for the book. I'd have much rather done that.

They were just confirming you location via GPS while on the phone. I would keep watch out the windows.

Rey

if you see a red sot on your chest hit the floor! whatthe