• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My knowledge about coins

8 posts in this topic

I guess I just depend on other peoples opinion too much.

I have a question for everyone here. How knowledgeable do you think I am about coins? And which part do you think is my strengths?

I've read *some* books on coins, like many counterfeit detecting books and guides, and some magazines, etc, but i'd really like to know what you think my knowledge strengths are/weaknesses are so I can work on them.

Hopefully this thread wil bring positive feedback.

I PM'd a forum member earlier and asked his/her opinion (won't go naming who) and the person just said to not worry about this and just enjoy the hobby.

do not worry about it and enjoy the hobby

you are a young man and learning. give yourself not only time but credit, you know much....... and you as everyone else gots much more to learn.......... this is the fun of it

Kevin if there is one thing that you can improve on is not to worry about the small stuff or blow something up too big. What I mean by this is thinking you have a fake coin etc. Otherwise I would say your right on track.

I have found that you can learn something new everyday. Take your time, trust your instincts, look for advice, ask for help, and enjoy yourself. (thumbs u

Let's suppose that you were in a parking lot with 10,000 cars and you were required to wash every one of them with no set time limit. Where do you start?

Do you wash the blue cars first? How about convertibles, SUV's or trucks?

The point is that there are so many variables you must take it one step at a time. It's a slow process and you try to learn something with each new experience.

Chris