• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you heard of "Coin of The Year"?

14 posts in this topic

Well here are some of the top coins to be voted on.

Auatralia's Dancing Man

DancingMan.gif

America's own Marine Corp Comm.

2005_Marine_Banner.jpg

America's own Oregon State Quater.

OregonQtr.jpg

Another American favorite. The Bison Nickel.

bisonnickel.jpg

Germany's 10Euro Einstein Comm.

Euroobv.jpgEurorev.jpg

Also Germany's 100Euro Gold World Cup Soccer.

german100euro.jpg

Australia's 20Euro of S.M.S. Saint George.

Austria06.jpg

There is also the Belarus Silver 20 Ruple depicting an Easter Egg, and a Silver Two New Sheqalim honoring Moses and the Ten Commandments. Couldn't find pics of those.

The Dancing Man seems to be the most popular of all! It actually does a full circle when the coin is turned. Which do you like?

What's this "to be voted on" you mention? It sounds to me like it's a done deal.

NN link

Well I took this info from "Coins" and it showed it wasn't going to be voted on until August 8th at the ANA convention in Milwaulke. Guess it's wrong. oh well.

i'll take the marins corps dollar! well i'm parial to it anyway because most of my family has been in the corps my cousin is in iraq right now.

Semper FI!

united_states_marine_corps.jpg

There is a reason, I believe, these two mentions in publications about the COTY are different. We shall see which of them is correct. One of them is obviously out-to-lunch! We're only as smart as what we read, all too often.

There is a reason, I believe, these two mentions in publications about the COTY are different. We shall see which of them is correct. One of them is obviously out-to-lunch! We're only as smart as what we read, all too often.

So true so true. And to think I stayed up until 2:00am to try to post something I thought would be good. lol lol

Well the Coins mag states the announcement of winner August 8th, but the NN link shows that the Marine Corp Comm won and the presentation will be August 8th at the convention. By the article, I really though they were steering towards the Dancing Man coin. It seemed to have been a very popular coin. But, Patriotism Prevails!!!!

No history here as a Marine, but I like the Marine Corp Comm. the best also.

Just thought I'd add my two cents!!