• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the best scratch remover for use on slabs?

13 posts in this topic

First of all Welcome Huey. They had a post on this a while back./ Can't remember what it was. Maybe someone else will be able to remember or have thier own ideas. I only have a few and haven't messed with them.

I wonder if Ice Creme scratch remover for iPods would work on slabs? Radtech advertises it as being good for acrylic. This might be a good question for the "Ask NGC" section.

Scott :hi:

Lens Doctor received really poor review from Consumer Reports magazine for making eye-glass vision more blurry. I would not use it on slabs.

I use Janvil Plastic Scratch Remover works fairly well. I picked it up on the web somewhere. The stuff makes a PCGS holder look new. It is OK on NGC holders but it doesn't do as well as it does on PCGS,. There is some kind of weird plastic on NGC holders.

I use Janvil Plastic Scratch Remover works fairly well. I picked it up on the web somewhere. The stuff makes a PCGS holder look new. It is OK on NGC holders but it doesn't do as well as it does on PCGS. There is some kind of weird plastic on NGC holders.

Janvil Plastic Scratch Remover

I have never tried this on Slabs before, but Mother's wax sure cleaned the scratches off my Jeep's Headlamp covers which I was told by the dealer had to be replaced. I saw an ad on the tube-bought some and voila, I saved several hundred dollars. The covers are made of high impact plastic. Might work, might not--just a thought.

I have never tried this on Slabs before, but Mother's wax sure cleaned the scratches off my Jeep's Headlamp covers which I was told by the dealer had to be replaced. I saw an ad on the tube-bought some and voila, I saved several hundred dollars. The covers are made of high impact plastic. Might work, might not--just a thought.

It just so happens that this is exactly what I use on the slabs. It will not remove even moderate scratches or abrasions, but does two things well: (1) removes adhesive gunk (2) polishes out mild scratches and problems. I don't know if it's the best solution, but it is what I use, with some success.