• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I love this forum!!

16 posts in this topic

Yesterday while NGC was down, I ventured ATS as I seen some others do. Caught ya!! Anyway, I would read a post and even replied to a couple, by the time I got back to the main page, there would be another half dozen topics posted. Most had BS subjects. I'm not knocking the way they do things ATS but I have to say that this side is more laid back, and most of the time stick to the main idea of this forum. I think this forum is used in a very meaningful way. Looking at ATS I find it looks more like a chat board than a coin forum. This is really just a way of saying that I really appreciate the way the members of this forum handle themselves. There's still some fun, but we never lose track of why we are here. Knowledge, understanding, and comradery with fellow numismatists. I just want to thank you all for making this forum what it is. (thumbs up

I have yet to venture ATS for more than perhaps a total of 5 minutes one time. I guess the main reason is that I am quite content and satisfied with the content and environment of these forums. Just have not had a desire to venture elsewhere.

Good message Bobby.

Rey

I have to agree with you Bobby. In the short time I've been on this board, everyone has made me feel right at home, like I've been here all along. I myself have strolled to the other side, just to see whats going on and I really enjoy it here! Not knocking the other either, just like it here better. So I too have to say thanks!! :)

I realized not too long ago that the forums ATS remind me of eBay. There's a lot of good, valuable information, but my gosh, you have to sift through so much garbage, nonsense posts, and absurd name-calling that it just isn't worth it! The last time I ventured over there was to read that "Stack's / sight-unseen" 500+ post thread that someone here linked. 95% AT LEAST of the posts were meaningless drivel, and that doesn't even take into account the peripherally-spawned threads! The point of that entire thread over here would have been accomplished in about 50 posts, I bet.

I wouldn't mind spending some time ATS if there wasn't so much garbage to wade through to find something meaningful. And then, PCGS goes and bans good members. Go figure.

That's exaclly what I encounter evertime I go ATS. I like posting to the good topics ATS, but it's so hard to find them.

That's exaclly what I encounter evertime I go ATS. I like posting to the good topics ATS, but it's so hard to find them.

I happen to use the search feature a good bit to find what I want. There is lots of knowledge on both sides of the street and people should be aware of that. Sticking only to one side will make you miss out on some great convos and info sharing. Edited to add. I like the N G C side better, but both have positive points.

I happen to use the search feature a good bit to find what I want. There is lots of knowledge on both sides of the street and people should be aware of that. Sticking only to one side will make you miss out on some great convos and info sharing. Edited to add. I like the N G C side better, but both have positive points.

I echo what Bruce just said. I do post ATS, but this is home and I find myself quite iritated when they say disparaging remarks about N G C and their boards. But I don't get iritated when the shoe is on the other foot.

I will say that I much prefer the PCGS system of PM's. I like having all the PM's from one person in one box sorta speak. Keeps everything neat.

OK for the old guy that not to good at typeing or computers whats ? ATS stand for

all thoughts slabs- are thee stupid-aways take sides- am that stupid yea thats me

OK for the old guy that not to good at typeing or computers whats ? ATS stand for

all thoughts slabs- are thee stupid-aways take sides- am that stupid yea thats me

That would be Across The Street there john.