• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1891 Large Eagle

18 posts in this topic

41022-WashingtonLargeEagleObverse.jpg

41023-WashingtonLargeEaglereverse.JPG

41024-WashingtonEdge1.jpg41025-Washingtonedge2.jpg41026-WashingtonEdge3.jpg41027-WashingtonEdge4.jpg41028-WashingtonEdge5.jpg

I got this in a recent Stack's auction. JK was good enough to crack it out of its holder for me and brush off some dirt clinging to the surfaces. Since it's out of the holder, I could photograph the edges.

41035-WashingtonLargeEagle2obverse.JPG.b9ba78e3f8ef96f9836846b77c0520f7.JPG

Great coin and some great images rock.gif . I think you mean 1791. The title reads 1891.

Great looking coin Mike K and it's still a Large Eagle in 2007. lol

Simply awful coin. I'm sick about what that do-gooder Kraljevich did to an otherwise wonderful coin. Please send the piece to me to fix the problems - it might take me 30 or so years. ;)

Hoot

Absolutely stunning coin that is in superb condion for being 216 years old. What is the grade?

(worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

Mike K someone may have already answered this question. But what is the significance of the "X" in the edge lettering? Thanks in advance.

Edited to add that coin is stunning.yay.gif

But what is the significance of the "X" in the edge lettering?

It is just used as a spacing element on the edge. .X.X.X. It has no other significance.