• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I heard that people don't post their grades over here so much........

13 posts in this topic

Is this frowned upon by the board or is this just a ugly rumor?

Cause I gots ta say that I have a lot of coins(for Me anyway) That are getting ready to be posted in my acount.

And I will Add That I am Getting Stoked grin.gif

I think just about any non-disruptive post/thread that is topical is welcome here. It has been true that threads about your grading results don't generate as much excitement here as do across the street. Dunno why; one possibility is that there are more folks across the street than here.

In any case, I think you should post in good faith and let the folks here who want to share in your successes and failures do so. And, for those who aren't as interested -- well, it is a free country!

BTW - I just missed an important play at the plate at the bottom of the 9th of the Bos/CWS game. All because I'm answering this thread! frown.gif

EVP

I think just about any non-disruptive post/thread that is topical is welcome here. It has been true that threads about your grading results don't generate as much excitement here as do across the street. Dunno why; one possibility is that there are more folks across the street than here.

In any case, I think you should post in good faith and let the folks here who want to share in your successes and failures do so. And, for those who aren't as interested -- well, it is a free country!

BTW - I just missed an important play at the plate at the bottom of the 9th of the Bos/CWS game. All because I'm answering this thread! frown.gif

EVP

Sorry about that EVP.

I have about 33 coins coming out in the next day or two.Almost all are moderns in this batch.

It's a little Nerve Racking though. 893frustrated.gif

What's the point of just posting grades?

What's cool is when you post pics of the coins, or describe why you believe a coin got a specific grade, or why you disagree with the grading service. A list of grades is just a list of statistics, and doesn't do much to educate.

I heard that people don't post their grades over here so much

I agree with Keith. Who theh hell cares what the grade is? Post a picture of the coin! laugh.gif

jom

Is this frowned upon by the board or is this just a ugly rumor?

Well, there is a member who is rumored to be rather testy that hates seeing only grades posted. smirk.gif

Personally, it is very boring to see JUST grades posted. This is especially true if the coins are modern. How many PR69 state quarter results can be posted before you want to hurl?

Give us pictures WITH the grades. Hold off on telling us the grades before you have the pictures unless it is something amazing. A PF70 modern is NOT amazing. An MS68 silver Washington is.

If you post the grades now and wait a week until posting the pictures I feel the original post is kind of a waste. I bet a fair amount of people skip the post outright thinking it is nothing but submission results.

Also, post a comment about the coins. Why, in your opinion, did one coin get MS66 while the others got MS67? What were you expecting? What did you learn from this submission? What can we learn from your submission? That's what these forums are all about - learning, not bragging that you scored an MS68FT 1997-D dime and it is worth 653 registry set points.

Another thing that might spice the submission results thread is a little history behind the coin. Where did you get it, was it a good value, etc.

Unfortunately posting grades has been worn out do to the proliferation of these posts in the past year and a half on the other board. How many proof Kennedys in 68 and 69 are there? I think we seen most of them posted. 27_laughing.gif

This is not and I repeat not a knock on Kennedys, but how many grading posts do we need to be bombarded with.

I find them, grading posts, interesting if there is a picture of the coin, a story etc. and particularly if the coin is not one punched out of a cookie cutter.

Any time a post is all about, looky here see I good I am at finding another one of these cookie cutter coins, it will have limited appeal.

The only request that I have is to please size your images down a little. The 4 Zillion megabyte pictures are (IMHO) distracting (hard to look at all at once) and take forever to load. Most posters seem to magnify about 2-4X depending on coin size