• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New forum software?

139 posts in this topic

:P

Sorry Arch, this still blows.

I suspect that constructive criticism would be better received.

What bothers you, specifically, my simian friend?

Text size, smilies, harder navigation, no 'My Home' feature, ugly color scheme, and a few other things. I know Arch said some of these would be fixed, but others he didn't mention.

I hope we can get larger text. I'm getting a headache already trying to read through a magnifying glass.

Chris

Control+mousewheel should change the font size (at least it does in IE). It will help a bit, but I agree, a larger font should be used...Mike

Thanks Arch, they were not there before but now they are showing up. I guess we should be patient as it appears the updates are still being implemented.

Rey

I can't even describe how disoriented I am right now. Good thing I saved some emoticons to remind us of the good ol' days. 893whatthe.gif

I can't even describe how disoriented I am right now. Good thing I saved some emoticons to remind us of the good ol' days. 893whatthe.gif

I have to agree... I am totally lost... BLAH!

I have to agree... I am totally lost... BLAH!

[font:Impact] "Where's the beef"...........and the different color backgrounds...........and the font size.............and..........and..........and...........Where's Lou? [/font]

Chris

"............and..........and..........and...........Where's Lou?

My little yellow-faced guy on the left isn't awake, but I'm here. It probably has something to do with my settings. confused-smiley-013.gif

Here's a present for Michael, just in case he didn't save one for himself: cloud9.gif

Well I guess I'll look at all the replies to this thread later. Right now like it, gonna take getting used to. I had to go thru NGC homepage to get to it cause my saved link didn't work. Change is good I guess!

Well I guess I'll look at all the replies to this thread later. Right now like it, gonna take getting used to. I had to go thru NGC homepage to get to it cause my saved link didn't work. Change is good I guess!

That it is.

Hit the arrow button next to your "my stuff" and go into your messages.

I have hit all the options in "my stuff" and have not been able to locate my messages anywhere.

Under my messages Bobby. ;)

I'm not seeing that option Irvin. My profile,My preferences, My watchlists, & My posts, is all I have.

Under my messages Bobby. ;)

I'm not seeing that option Irvin. My profile,My preferences, My watchlists, & My posts, is all I have.

not in drop down ut oh. should look like this.

My Stuff

My Messages

My Profile

My Preferences

My Watch Lists

My Posts

There is a glitch in the software, or perhaps it should more appropriately be termed a design flaw in the compatabilities of the software, so that if you are using IE6 and you choose the "My Stuff" dropdown that the "My Messages" option falls directly behind the forum dropdown menu. In other words, the "My Messages" option is blocked by the other dropdown menu. The only way I have been able to access my messages is to place the cursor in that tiny space between the two menus, where the space lights up that disgusting beige color, and click on it. It will work, but is a royal PITA.

When I hit My Stuff, it drops down like I said before. Where "My messages " should be, the topic drop down box overrides it. I click where it should be and can get to them. That's wierd!!!! At least I know where it should be. thanks Irvin

There is a glitch in the software, or perhaps it should more appropriately be termed a design flaw in the compatabilities of the software, so that if you are using IE6 and you choose the "My Stuff" dropdown that the "My Messages" option falls directly behind the forum dropdown menu. In other words, the "My Messages" option is blocked by the other dropdown menu. The only way I have been able to access my messages is to place the cursor in that tiny space between the two menus, where the space lights up that disgusting beige color, and click on it. It will work, but is a royal PITA.

This has been my experience as well but I think Im taking it better shrug.gif

This has been my experience as well but I think Im taking it better shrug.gif

I must have missed this post. I looked to see if anyone else was having this issue. Arch recommended using IE7, but I have tried this IE version and do not like it. Hopefully they will get it all compatible with IE6. thanks Winston!!

Looks like I will have to go thru and delete old messages again. It brought back up old PM's that I deleted months ago.

I received the recommendation of uploading IE7 with some hostility since I do not believe that I should change my settings when I am contributing to the profile and viability of a website. In my opinion, the NGC suggestion to upload IE7 was inappropriate.

I received the recommendation of uploading IE7 with some hostility since I do not believe that I should change my settings when I am contributing to the profile and viability of a website. In my opinion, the NGC suggestion to upload IE7 was inappropriate.

You are being so grumpy about all this :P. Arch said he was going to try to fix that. Jeez Louise. Give them a chance to make you happy. It may take a couple of days, but give it a chance ;).

Lou, did you save the dancing banana and thinking man emoticons? Please?

Here are all that I have saved:

yay.gif

poke2.gif

insane.gif

cloud9.gif

hi.gif

893whatthe.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

flowerred.gif

acclaim.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

You should change from IE6 to IE7 because IE6 sucked. :/ IE7 is much better. Still not up to FireFox, but it is much better.