• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many coins to get a box out of NGC?

23 posts in this topic

@ PCGS I think it was 6. My 5 freebies were checked in @ NGC today. Will I get them back in a box? If not, how many coins do I have to send? Can then start selling off all my PCGS boxes laugh.gif TIA

Well !@#$, there wasn't anything on the submission form or I would have ordered one frown.gif They go for $8 on eBay, though blush.gif Maybe I should forget the coins and just resell their boxes laugh.gifwink.gif

No Doubt there.

Call them and see if they can add it to your order.

I have to do the same tomorrow grin.gif

NGC does not give boxes with retrun submissions. It doesn't matter the size. They use cardboard slots in a cardboard box to ship the coins back to you. I would guess the biggest box I've seen with these would hold 50 coins.

Last I heard (3 months ago) NGC was looking into a possibility with the plastic slab boxes. I don't know what ever came of their interest in this.

I really prefer the NGC boxes because they hold both NGC and PCGS slabs. The PCGS boxes do not close properly with NGC slabs. In fact I have scrapped almost all of my PCGS boxes and have purchased about 20 NGC boxes on Ebay.

I really prefer the NGC boxes because they hold both NGC and PCGS slabs. The PCGS boxes do not close properly with NGC slabs. In fact I have scrapped almost all of my PCGS boxes and have purchased about 20 NGC boxes on Ebay.

They also hold ICG.I don't have a lot of ICG but it's nice that I can get all my slabs into 1 type of box.

eXcept of course ANACS.They don't seem to fit anywhere. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The NGC boxes are very convenient in that you can fit NGC, ICG and PCGS slabs in there very well. However, those over-sized SEGS slabs do fit but will slightly bow out the box. In other words, you can get the slab in with a little force but unless you put the SEGS slab in the center of the box it will be mighty tough to extricate it.

Best boxes I've found are the ICG boxes. They will hold any & all of the slabs mix or match - plus they come lined with Intercept Shield on all 4 sides. You can buy 'em direct for $6.00

I cracked out my last SEGS coin anyway.. is at NGC right now laugh.gif I use ICG Intercept boxes, but they're made out of paper. My new storage environment is going to be completely paper-free. Seems that's where most of my problems with toning -- I like white coins -- comes from.

Actually, that's what I'm planning on putting in them, about a dozen PCI (green label) slabs. Still debating whether to try and cross them or not. They're Peruvian Soles from my personal collection, which I don't intend on ever selling, so resale value isn't much of a factor.

A side note on the ICG boxes, older (fat) NGC slabs don't fit well. They're REALLY tight. SEGS slabs don't fit well either.

Amos Advantage also sells a 25 slab plastic box for ANACS coins ($6). It's only okay. The lid fits pretty tightly and the box is a bit flimsy, so it can be tough to get the lid back on! insane.gif

Hoot

ANACS/AMOS plastic boxes were introduced about a year ago and are available from the COIN WORLD web site. They hold 25 of the current size ANACS slabs. Unfortunately, the earlier, slightly smaller ANACS slabs don't fit well and rattle around. The boxes are made of what appears to be polystyrene plastic and are a bit on the flimsy side.

SEGS holders fit very well into PCGS boxes but the first coin in has to be turned around. I wouldn't advise trying to put them into NGC boxes because the fit is just too tight and the holders are likely to be scratched.

NGC gives out their boxes free at Lomg Beach (the plastic ones,that is).So does pcgs.No need to buy them from anyone.

Yep. I had to go back several times in order to get enough boxes to hold all my NGC coins. Now all the slabs in my collection are housed in NGC boxes.... until I receive my 65 coins back from NGC right in time to go get a few more free boxes from Long Beach. smile.gif

NGC gives out their boxes free at Lomg Beach (the plastic ones,that is).So does pcgs.No need to buy them from anyone.

Yep. I had to go back several times in order to get enough boxes to hold all my NGC coins. Now all the slabs in my collection are housed in NGC boxes.... until I receive my 65 coins back from NGC right in time to go get a few more free boxes from Long Beach. smile.gif

Just get Cameron to swipe a few when he's stealing sample slabs.

Just get Cameron to swipe a few when he's stealing sample slabs.

Keith, if Cameron were to put two and two together he might figure out stealing one NGC box would hold 20 stolen Sample Slabs.

He might even get his girlfriend to run a game by distracting the NGC employees long enough for him to pull it off.