• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's not a tumor

16 posts in this topic

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x296/daveob1/adamstumorcopy.jpg

I opened a roll of adams dollars from the bank and out of 25 one had the lump. So I tried 3 more rolls and found 4 more of them all in the exact place on the coin and about the same place in the roll. It's a lump not a divot (outie not an innie). Anyone know what would cause such a thing? Thanks in advance for any help.

Could be a small cud!

Bobby, I thought a cud was on the rim. Anyway, I vote that it is a die break. It isn't unusual for this to occur at the "drop-off" from the field into a device. I believe there was an article about this not too long ago in either Coin World or the Numismatist.

Chris

Could be a small cud!

Bobby, I thought a cud was on the rim. Anyway, I vote that it is a die break. It isn't unusual for this to occur at the "drop-off" from the field into a device. I believe there was an article about this not too long ago in either Coin World or the Numismatist.

Chris

I don't know Chris. I thought a cud could be anywhere. I may be wrong. confused-smiley-013.gif

John Adams got MICE! smile.gif

Here's an image of the large-cent I mentioned (not my coin), with an arrow pointing at the "mouse":

junk1535.jpg

awwww aint that cute! BUT ITS WRONG!<<<<" " from 2 stupid dogs toon smile.gif

Thanks guys I guess it's a die chip. does anyone know how they put them in rolls. It was the third or fourth coin in the roll on all 4. on a side note all of the hundred or so I checked were in terrible condition. Big gouges in the rim on the letters or the face I didn't see 1 I would like to keep.

I bought 5 rolls at the bank all spoons but enjoyed spending them on two items that cost

$40.00 EA just counting them out to the clerk and seeing what draw she was going to use

Bobby,

Some collectors say a cud can be anywhere on the coin, but most Cud collectors say this is true, but must include a portion of the rim. Without the rim damage it is just a die chip or a beginning die crack. You can read more about this at:

About.com

Bobby,

Some collectors say a cud can be anywhere on the coin, but most Cud collectors say this is true, but must include a portion of the rim. Without the rim damage it is just a die chip or a beginning die crack. You can read more about this at:

About.com

Thanks Jim. i wasn't real sure about them. thumbsup2.gif