• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fresh Images; Courtesy of Mike Printz

24 posts in this topic

I sent of group of 10 coins to Mike to image. Mikes one of the best, and has done a "Super" job so far. It took 16 days for the registered package to go from VA to IL. That's horrendous and we're trying to find out where the breakdown was. Thanks Mike!!! thumbsup2.gif

MAINEOBV.jpg

MAINEREV.jpg

STMNTOBV.jpg

STMNTREV.jpg

DELWAROB.jpg

DELWARRE.jpg

20COBV.jpg

20CREV.jpg

First outsatnding pics, I hope one day I will be that good. Practice makes perfect I guess, so we will see. Second I sent a package to NGC registered mail and it also took 16 days, I started sweating bullets. It arrived today.

Mike takes terrific images, but of course it helps quite a bit when you send in coins with terrific eye appeal. thumbsup2.gif

Oh man, those Commems are awesome! I just absolutely love the originality of those coins, and the Maine is one of my favorites. The tab toning on the Delaware is awesome!!!!!

An easy 5-star thread thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif!

PS - what are the grades on the commems?

257750.jpg

DSCN2662A.jpg

DSCN2668A.jpg

Thanks for all the kind words. Mike did a "Super" job!!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif Here is the balance of the group except an 1818 Large Cent. Still waiting on that one.

34H10COB.jpg

34H10CRE.jpg

115COBV.jpg

115CREV.jpg

3310COBV.jpg

3310CREV.jpg

76S50COB.jpg

76S50CRE.jpg

46DOLOBV.jpg

46DOLREV.jpg

This 1818 Large Cent is the last one in the group

18181COB.jpg

18181CRE.jpg

Heres a pic of the coin when I purchased it:

1818LARGECENTSLABOBV.jpg

Why on earth would anyone want to lacquer a coin as gorgeous as that?

Bob, To keep it looking like that! Laquer was used in times gone by to keep coins, particularly copper, from corroding.

Lee (& Mike P.). Nice coins and photos. The 20c stands out to me as a particularly attractive coin, and I must admit the post-laquer 1818 looks pretty nice too.

Thanks for sharing...Mike

Why on earth would anyone want to lacquer a coin as gorgeous as that?

Bob, To keep it looking like that! Laquer was used in times gone by to keep coins, particularly copper, from corroding.

That's good to know. Thanks for the info. I won't be quite so mad at them anymore. grin.gif

if i wanted something photographed could you do it for me for a fee? and also if i wanted some coins as posters could you do that? those are awsome pics worthy of being hung on the wall to see smile.gif