• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shipping internationally

6 posts in this topic

For those of you that sell things on Ebay, do you ship internationally and if so how do you figure out the correct amount of shipping?

We sell internationally and use the USPS.gov website for shipping costs. In most cases, you're going to be best off using either the Flat Rate envelope or Flat Rate box. The former works for up to 4 pounds and the latter to 20 pounds. This are good for most international destinations. If the package is very light (under 10 ounces or so), you may be better off going with regular international shipping.

WH

Dwaine, If I were you, I would stay away from shipping internationally. I tried it on Ebay many years ago and it's just not worth the trouble.

Same here, but I keep having people request it. I didn't know if people charged actual shipping or a flat rate.

Set a flat rate for all your shipping and it'll be much easier for you.

Go to usps.gov and try a combination of weights and countries you think are most likely and see what the costs are.

I find that most of my buyers outside of the US/Canada come from a select few countries. I rarely get 95% of the countries in the world, its mainly standard European countries and the occasional South American.

i used to ship everywhere but i found that you cant send some things to some countries. like diamond jewelery cant be shipped to a few and natural items including rocks,gold,silver,trees plants........... can be sent to some. so i have been going with canada. can send there with no troubles(just a lil larger form)