• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ahhhh....The Power of Cheese!

40 posts in this topic

Gentlemen! It was slow loading up here as well but eventually, I was able to play the silly game. I did a search on, the cat in the hat and upon locating the suessville.com website, there was the sound of a cat scratching in the background while the game could be played.

I was tying this scratching noise to a segment of Tom's post;

At first I was worried that it would turn into a "let's look for the scratch" thread

to lend a humorous side to this thread.

I have experienced no problems with the website for the exception that it loaded slowly. I have Windows XP Pro which usually alerts me of any problems with incoming programming.

My son or I can help anyone with a Windows operating system. Anything else, we're unfamiliar with.

I apologize for any problems the website may have caused, of which, essentially, was beyond my or anyone's control.

Leo

TomB: I looked at the coin today at the Heritage auction lots but I really didn't see any "significant" marks on the wing. Of course, what I call "no big deal" may very well be a big deal to YOU.

All I found on the eagle's wing (the actual eagle's RIGHT wing, the viewers left side of coin) was a verticle mark near the middle about the length of half the wing span.

There is also some small rub to the left of that.

See attachement.

jom

263715-xxx.jpg.4cfc48ddb7bd43356c3862baa857c41a.jpg

Yes, the scratch was a big deal to me. Of course, my standards for coins do not necessarily match anyone else.

As for where the mark was, I wrote in my first post that it was the eagle's right wing, which means it is the eagle's right wing and the viewer's left. I thought that was obvious and understood.

Yeah, sometimes I'm not sure when people say "left of right" WHICH "left or right" they are talking about...lol

Anyway, did you see the attachment? Is that about the right place??

If it is then either:

1) The scratch doesn't bother me and much as you.

or

2) The scratch YOU remember was "somehow fixed" since you last saw the coin. laugh.gif

Without actually seeing it yourself I suppose you'll never know. What did the coin go for?

jom

The coin sold for a high bid of $360, which works out to $414 with the 15% buyer's premium. Since I was so close in my original assessment of the probable selling price, I will openly quote my initial post and gloat. smirk.gifsmile.gif

The coin will now likely sell for about $400, give or take a few dollars.

well, do you think the coin was doctored or is it the same condition it was?

If that last question is directed toward me I will state that I only brought up the possibility of it being "conserved" in my initial post as a formality. I believe I even wrote that I did not think it likely. Since I did not see the coin, I can't tell you how it looks now in relation to how it had looked when I sold it.

I will stand by what I wrote previously and will state that I think the chances of it having been worked on are remote.