• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Independence Day Guess the Grade and Overton!

18 posts in this topic

What better way to celebrate our independence that with a coin from the 55th year of our independence! I bought this one off eBay and it arrived a couple of days ago. I was having lunch with a good friend when it arrived and he is not a coin collector, but he humors me. He looked at it and his first words were "boy she has big boobies..." blush.gif I bought this one since it looked like it had descent color and it does, with a good bit of luster remaining in the devices. When I examined it closely, I discovered another pleasant surprise as this is one of the coins that was made with experimental edge dies (1830-31) which you can see the progression as the mint was experimenting in advance of the reeded edge coins of 1836 (edge photos are so hard!!!). So let me know what you think as far as the grade and Overton variety go!

Happy Independence Day!!!

1831p50cobv.JPG

1831p50crev.JPG

1831p50cedge.JPG

For pete's sake! Can you please get better pics!?!? wink.gif

I think she is a bit flat chested. grin.gif

It is too late in the evening for me to guess overtons on these later dates. sign-rantpost.gif

I am going to go grab a beer. Then maybe I can see more clearly. popcorn.gif

insane.gif

For pete's sake! Can you please get better pics!?!? wink.gif

I think she is a bit flat chested. grin.gif

It is too late in the evening for me to guess overtons on these later dates. sign-rantpost.gif

I am going to go grab a beer. Then maybe I can see more clearly. popcorn.gif

insane.gif

You'll see the boobies more clearly, at least.

Beer and boobies, this thread sure has taken a turn for the worse! Sorry my photos were so frustrating, I took a couple more and I'll attach them, hopefully you'll be able to see better after the beer!

1875578-MVC-801S.JPG.3b30d97f901510bf078b5fdd69e22429.JPG

My guess would be an O-107. Hard to tell some of the details from the pics tho...

I do not think that it is a coin that is even meant to be sent to a TPG...

Looks to be 109 instead of 107. Check lines 2 and 3 of the first vertical stripe on the reverse. On 109 they appear to be a single line almost all the way to the top. On 107 they are separated.

Jim