• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this a bad time to start selling on Ebay???

9 posts in this topic

My anecdotal observations suggest that having coin auctions ending on a Sunday night, which also do not fall on a holiday or holiday weekend, get the best response.

My anecdotal observations suggest that having coin auctions ending on a Sunday night, which also do not fall on a holiday or holiday weekend, get the best response.
So if I ran them as 10 day auctions you think I will be OK ?

I avoid 10 day auctions. They cost more to run and I haven't found the added time to be beneficial to the prices realized. I used to do 10 day from Thursday to Sunday, but stopped. I actually think it might have a small negative affect on the final prices as many people do not like waiting that long for an item to close.

Keep in mind we're in the Summer season and prices tend to be lower during this time. If you plan on running stuff, you should get it up ASAP.

I end mine on Sunday evening and have good results. However, I've also had good results on Saturday morning.

I actually try to do more sales over my Vacation week so when I get back I have some extra monies to support me when I spend it all on vacation smile.gif

i usualy do 7 day auctions, but find that more watchers/bidders r present for shorter auction times.when i sell through hollidays i use the day as a reward. like my free shipping on anything that sells today! i also try to have auction end on a weekend evening so all that bust there butts in the week have time to get home relax and bid!

When I buy coins on e-bay I only look at the thing ending today . I put those sellers on my watch list, usually just few sellers than I go to their store and see whatelse they have to offer. next thing I do is find out all I can about the seller and finally decide on a price that I want to buy it at.

John