• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what's the story on all these bottles of Gold flakes?

13 posts in this topic

I doesn't matter where I am looking, I seem to keep seeing all these deals with jars of Gold Flakes. Some with fluid, others without, etc... The wildest thing is these also mentioned something about creating your own Faux Gold Nuggets. My internal alarms really took off when I saw the "Faux" in their statements.

Could someone please explain this?

Manny thanks

look up gold flakes you will see that they are just novelty and also used in flower shops. they could be bought for about just few dollars a bottle. DSCN0357.jpg[/img]

I had noticed things like that, kinda figured that monetarily they were garbage, but when I saw something about using them for your own Faux nuggets is where I got hung up.

Also, how about those cards and such layered in 23k gold leaf as well. Is there an actual weight assigned to these?

The little bottles of gold usually contain some really small flakes of gold. I forget the liquid that they are in but it magnifies alot to make it look like there is a lot of gold. I bought some of these during a trip to calif out in arizone. Just a neat little souvenir.

I have examples of lots of other thing that have no real value as for the stamp samething just couple dollars a each. DSCN0089.jpg[/img]

I hope that this will save you the trouble.

The bottles probably just have water in them.

I think it may be distilled water.

The bottles conatain glycerine with a small amount of water.

Most come pre-made from South America, especially Brazil.

If it states 24k gold, it is gold that has been mined, processed, rolled extreemly thin, then scrapped to make flakes. There is a lot of SPACE between the flecks. grin.gif

my gold flakes r still in the liquer bottle smile.gif goldslogger of course smile.gif after 15 yrs or so of drinking we have a bowling ball size wod!