• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another laughable "NNC" auction - at least the images are honest!

23 posts in this topic

Here is a nice Capped Bust Half Dime! Super attractive, still lustrous, with sharp details, and full of eye-appeal! Sure to please!

1835_H10c_NNC_181.jpg

dog42.gif

Perhaps...but I looked it up in the NNC glossary and it says that their's stands for...

MS = ManyScratches

Oh, yeah, here's what their UNC stood for...

UNC = UndenyablyNowCirculated

good lord.... thats a nasty booger... I have some slabs from NNC and Numistrust I have bought here at the shop and I have been trying to figure out what to do with them...

What are the coins like inside the slabs? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

good lord.... thats a nasty booger... I have some slabs from NNC and Numistrust I have bought here at the shop and I have been trying to figure out what to do with them...

What are the coins like inside the slabs? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Shouldn't be for much longer... 27_laughing.gif

I had the same problem. So I smashed the slab and rescued the poor coin. Even though the coin inside might be very nice, just because it is in that slab you can't do anything with it. After I cracked it, I sold the coin raw (a nicely cameoed proof Franklin) for a good profit.

The pictures are good, which is a lot more than most of these types. The slab and the coin are a mess, but at least he's not trying to hide that.

Agreed.......AT LEAST the images are not from a mile away or blurry, and the people in the know will not bid it up to some of the rediculous levels I have seen on some of these so called "slabbed" coins.

Ray

A year in a pocket should cure all. I'd pay five bucks for it.

I don't know that even a year would help this coin out...but like you said... I'd pay $5 for it (actually I thik it's up to $6)...L