• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

QVC

8 posts in this topic

has Jay Johnson former mint superintendent hosting there cheesy over priced show, they tryed to get $99 for 1878 and 1921 morgans in xf.... how can they just blantely lie and get away with this stuff!? i hate it but theres nothin we can do

sorry.gif

Because people continue to watch and buy. Simple supply and demand of a market being watched and bought by untrained buyers.

No different than Shop at Home last night selling President proof sets for 39.95 when you can go to the US Mint site and get them for 14.95......

Now, where did I put that saying about a fool and his money?

MM 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

They know there is a following on these shopping channels. There are alot of impulsive buyers that are dedicated to these specific channels. Most will buy anything that they think is a bargain whether they want it or not.

They know there is a following on these shopping channels. There are alot of impulsive buyers that are dedicated to these specific channels. Most will buy anything that they think is a bargain whether they want it or not.

absolutely right!

Does anyone know the email addresses for the hosts on those shows? Coin Vault, Coin collectors, etc.? I want to send them an email and offer to sell all 75 gold spouse coins to them for 50% of their sale price!!!!! I figure they will sell them for 3 grand for a PF70 - I will be happy to sell all mine for $1500.00 a per coin.

Jeff