• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore newp

19 posts in this topic

From Chris McCawley, who treated me like a high roller even though this is the most I've ever spent on one coin:

1818_N-10Obv.JPG

1818_N-10Rev.JPG

It was in an NGC holder, with a fair grade, when I purchased it. What would you guess that grade to be? It's now in my 7070. laugh.gif

Dave, that is truly a very nice coin you have acquired. I have one of the same year with the same very well pronounced obverse die crack. Much to my dismay though, someone in the past took it upon themselves to "artificially color" the coin apparently according to NGC.

Fantastic looking coin Dave.

Rey

This is the specific variety I wanted for my 7070, and I've spent months looking for a nice AU coin, which was what my budget allowed. This one busted my budget by $25, which should give you an idea of the quality of the deal Chris extended me. I don't particularly care for this design in Red, so when an Uncirculated Brown that I could afford showed up, the result was inevitable. smile.gif

The only trouble is, now the character of my 7070 has been changed. I can't display an F12 Draped Bust cent next to this MS Classic. This is gonna cost me. foreheadslap.gif

1818_N-10slab.jpg

I can't display an F12 Draped Bust cent next to this MS Classic. This is gonna cost me.

Oh yeah you can !! 27_laughing.gif Do you know what a nice EAC AU or above draped bust will cost you !! A nice-looking F12 draped bust is a respectable coin. BTW the way nice pick-up on the Matron Head N10. A very nice middle-date.

Very nice coin from a very nice guy. thumbsup2.gif Somebody needs to tell Chris to either update his website or come back to Oklahoma. I miss buying from him. frown.gif