• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Problems circulating coins? US Dollar Coins not alone

10 posts in this topic

The US Mint has tried since 1979 to circulate small size dollar coins within the United States despite two different design changes and a new Presidential coin series without success. Nigeria introduced new coinage several months ago and it seems that the people are reluctant to carry change there. You can read about it in this interesting link.

Nigerian Coin Circulation Problem

Coinage will slowly be a thing of the past anyway. There are too many people using debit/credit cards, checks, and on-line shopping. Pretty soon there won't even be a reason to carry a wallet except to hold your driver's liscense.

I believe both Canada and Great Britain had major issues with getting folks to accept larger coinage in lieu of currency and both solved the problem by withdrawing the lower denomination currencies from circulation.

It won't be long when we have something even simpler than a credit/debit card to use that will minimize the need for coins or currency. I doubt either coins or currency will go out of existence within the next 25 years.

Lets see 300,000,000 Washington dollars face value $300,000,000.00 cost .06 cents each

x 300.000.000 = $18,000,000.00 profit of $182,000,000.00 X 50 PRESIDENTS =======

$$$$$$$$$$$$9,100,000,000.00 thats 9 billion 100 million or its 91 billion or its 910 billion anyway it more than I make but not as much as my wife spends