• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I.m going to start selling again on ebay and I have a few questions...

24 posts in this topic

I sold a couple hundred coins a few years back but I am no longer regestered so I had to start ALL OVER AGAIN yeahok.gif 0 f 893censored-thumb.gifing feed back... Christo_pull_hair.gif

I want to use paypal, What is the best way to use paypal??How do I get confirmed?

What are the hazzards and the pro's?

It sucks because I had over 300 feedback with a 100%

Come on board ,,,Hook a brother up... thumbsup2.gif

As I recall it’s a confirmed bank account that verifies your address. I think that’s right 893scratchchin-thumb.gif.

Pros: Reach a wide audience, fairly simple to use

Cons: Fees, knuckleheads

Of note – Quality representative images are of the utmost importance. I know you take great images but I just wanted to get that in there for others who may read this thread.

I am not a big seller on ebay and do not often get PayPal payments, but I believe your address should be verified and confirmed by PayPal, which requires a valid bank account. The fee for selling is about 3%, which stinks, but if the coin sells in excess of 3% higher because of the ability to pay via PayPal then it works out financially. You will have to send everything via Signature Confirmation, even with Registered Mail, if you sell anything over $250 so that you are protected against loss. Anything below $250 will require Delivery Confirmation in addition to insurance. I am certain there are other points to make, but as I said I do not sell often on ebay.

I sold a couple hundred coins a few years back but I am no longer regestered so I had to start ALL OVER AGAIN yeahok.gif 0 f 893censored-thumb.gifing feed back... Christo_pull_hair.gif

I want to use paypal, What is the best way to use paypal??How do I get confirmed?

The safest way i have found for paypal is to regester a minimum credit card ie £100 to the acount so no sharks can get your bank acount details.. but you can still send the money to the bank acount..

hi.gif

Let me recommend you try and cut a deal with a dealer / seller. Maybe consider cosigning.

The ebay fees are becoming quiet steep.

Tom's post is right on target and I'll add this. It's wise to open a free checking account somewhere to use just for Paypal and drain it often. Do not tie the checking account you use for daily life to Paypal. I would even use a separate credit card for this purpose. Paypal plays dirty when a problem comes up.

Are you sure you can't bring back your old Ebay account?

Search the Help pages (Does not search for items or products)

Tips

eBay.com Fees

View Fees for: eBay.com | eBay Motors | eBay Stores | Classified Ad | Real Estate | PayPal

Basic fees

When you list an item on eBay, you're charged an Insertion Fee. If the item sells, you are also charged a Final Value Fee. The total cost of selling an item is the Insertion Fee plus the Final Value Fee.

Insertion Fees

Starting or Reserve Price

Insertion Fee

$0.01 - $0.99

$0.20

$1.00 - $9.99

$0.40

$10.00 - $24.99

$0.60

$25.00 - $49.99

$1.20

$50.00 - $199.99

$2.40

$200.00 - $499.99

$3.60

$500.00 or more

$4.80

Final Value Fees

Closing Price

Final Value Fee

Item not sold

No Fee

$0.01 - $25.00

5.25% of the closing value

$25.01 - $1,000.00

5.25% of the initial $25.00 ($1.31), plus 3.25% of the remaining closing value balance ($25.01 to $1,000.00)

Equal to or Over $1000.01

5.25% of the initial $25.00 ($1.31), plus 3.25% of the initial $25.01 - $1,000.00 ($31.69), plus 1.50% of the remaining closing value balance ($1000.01 - closing value)

Call eBay and see why you got NARU'd.
I'm sure my account just ran dry...I haven't done anything for 3 years or more..

Well tell them to reinstate it!

I'm sure my account just ran dry...I haven't done anything for 3 years or more..

I have already verified my paypal acount on an account that I only keep $100.00 in so I am going to see what happens..

I have used paypal now for about 2 years and have never had any problems with it. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif I'm mostly a buyer with it tho', and that's gets some use. I have my bank acct. plus 3 other credit cards registered with them. Of course if you're looking at the selling point of it, any monies recv'd are just going to accumulate in a paypal balance. It will be your obligation after that to transfer to your acct.. the fees are a little higher than they used to be but I still think it's easier to get your money than to wait on checks or M.O.'s. Just depends on how fast you want your money. It also keeps records in your paypal acct. of all your transactions, transfers & payments, etc... I'm surprised you weren't able to bring up your old ebay acct. I opened mine in 2002 and then didn't use it for a couple years. All I needed was my ID and password and it re-opened with all my feedback too. good Luck!

All you have to do is go in under another email address.

It is a policy of ebay that once you close out an account or are no longer a registered user you can never return, however that means with the same email address.

I know this because I have 3 accounts and recently closed out one.

Just set you up a yahoo or hotmail email address.

If you plan to sell much, don't expect a Personal Account with Paypal to work. Read all the links on the fees chart. You will max out and be forced to go to a business account.

Expect to give Ebay and Paypal 10 to 20%. Just a few thoughts.

i don't understand what happened to your first account. I opened my ebay account years ago and didn't use it for at least three years before using it again, and it was still active...in fact, I had sort of forgotten I even had it, then stumbled accross it's reality somehow (I think I had my password written down somewhere and out of curiosity, looked it up and found I had an account with ebay).

I used to use paypal, whose fees are excessive, though, it's great for foreign transactions.

i closed my paypal account and started requiring bank checks or money orders only, after I found out that people can charge back an item and paypal will then take the money from your account...whatever that means....I wasn't about to let that happen (someone put the fear into me), so I closed my paypal account.

i may reopen a paypal account with one of those checking accounts that only requires a $25 minimum, and keep it strictly for paypal.

I'm not sure I'm going to do that however.

If they don't reopen your old account, you will just have to start over again, but it will grow quickly as you spend/sell more and more. for me...it was mostly spending! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Note: "Not a registered user" can refer to members who have cancelled their membership, or whose membership has been suspended by eBay. For example, a member whose correct contact information is no longer on file with us may have their registration suspended until the new contact information is entered. In either case, the member appears as "not a registered user" and is not allowed to buy or sell on eBay.

Note: "Not a registered user" can refer to members who have cancelled their membership, or whose membership has been suspended by eBay. For example, a member whose correct contact information is no longer on file with us may have their registration suspended until the new contact information is entered. In either case, the member appears as "not a registered user" and is not allowed to buy or sell on eBay.

Thus a “No Longer Registered User” can within minutes be back on under a different user name as long as they use a different email address.

I have already verified my paypal acount on an account that I only keep $100.00 in so I am going to see what happens..

So, did you call Ebay? From what you have said there is no reason Ebay would not reopen the account. What's the old Ebay user name?

So, did you call Ebay? From what you have said there is no reason Ebay would not reopen the account. What's the old Ebay user name?

maulemall 893scratchchin-thumb.gif