• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bullion vs certified

12 posts in this topic

As a beginner that likes Morgans, would you guys suggest going after certified MSD's, BU's or maybe the newer Silver Eagles? Silver prices seem to be pretty low so I was wondering which way to go.

As a beginner, your safest bet would be to buy uncertified SAEs as bullion. Until you have the ability to grade, purchasing Morgans and/or certified SAEs for much above melt could be problematic. All IMHO...Mike

Welcome to the forum, Silverado.

Take a twenty minute period of time on ebay that Morgan's are ending, you will find many AU morgans selling in the $10 to $16 range-that averages out at bullion prices, yet a far more enjoyable collection. I just checked in the last 10 minutes their were 6 Morgans of which 3 were supposedly BU(probably AU) that sold from $9.70 to $17.60. Far better than bullion IMHO. Far less apt to lose your investment even should silver falter.

Bullion SAE's are always nice to collect. Most of them you will find uncirculated also. Jim is correct with the morgans also. Alot will go for fair price. These are the becareful coins tho'. They are known for being more problematic than most due to cleaning. One thing to look at when you see a reasonably priced coin that some people overlook, make sure the seller isn't getting his lost money thru S&H charges!

Silver prices seem to be pretty low so I was wondering which way to go.

Silver prices are actually very high right now. Last year they were very low, but then they went through the roof.

Silver prices seem to be pretty low so I was wondering which way to go.

Silver prices are actually very high right now. Last year they were very low, but then they went through the roof.

BINGO!!!

Bullion SAE's are always nice to collect. Most of them you will find uncirculated also. Jim is correct with the morgans also. Alot will go for fair price. These are the becareful coins tho'. They are known for being more problematic than most due to cleaning. One thing to look at when you see a reasonably priced coin that some people overlook, make sure the seller isn't getting his lost money thru S&H charges!

i agree.