• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

can anything be done about this coin?

19 posts in this topic

Well, your image is so small there is no way for anyone here on the board to tell, but are you sure what you are seeing is whizzing and not die polish? Are the lines raised above the surface or scratched into the metal? If the lines are raised, that is from die polish and is normal.

John

Welcome to the forum B1gart1. As was told to you, we can't help you with such a small photo, give us something to work with and maybe one of us can. Good luck.

does that make it not worth grading? do I send it back for a refund ? I paid $102.00 for it on e-bay

If you can send it back do soo....

does that make it not worth grading? do I send it back for a refund ? I paid $102.00 for it on e-bay

If you can send it back do so....

Ditto

They look like hairlines and in my opinion there is absolutely no reason to keep this damaged coin since for very few dollars more you can buy yourself a problem-free MS63 of this issue.

No question--REFUND if at all possible. If not you are stuck with an improperly cleaned and damaged coin and I do not feel that anything respectable could be done for this coin. Never buy from ebay without a 100% return policy. You are not apt to lose with this policy. Good luck.

any time i buy a raw coin off bay for more than 50$ i make sure i atleast ask for better pics,close ups,and ask them what they see on fields.most the time they will email a more nice pic to you on request and if they dont they r not going to get my biz. on your coin if they will take it back for refund do it. and make sure u send the flip that says imp cleaned on it.