• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I got a call from a dealer on Friday

15 posts in this topic

I had purchased a couple of CC Morgans from him last year. Larry told me that he had recently acquired a small collection and asked if I would be interested in any of them. He described them to me over the phone and out of nine, I chose four. He said that he still had my credit card information on file and he would send them on Monday. Larry also said that if I didn't like them for any reason, I could send them back for a full refund. I received them yesterday, so here they are:

1878-CC, NGC MS63

1864540-IMG_1612.JPG1864540-IMG_1613.JPG

1878-CC, NGC MS63

1864540-IMG_1614.JPG1864540-IMG_1615.JPG

1899-S, NGC MS64

1864540-IMG_1616.JPG1864540-IMG_1617.JPG

1879-S, NGC MS65

1864540-IMG_1618.JPG1864540-IMG_1619.JPG

So, what do you think? Should I send them back?

Chris

1864540-IMG_1619.JPG.e1806f702b8935e619f083a5e3ef2f01.JPG

that's a real nice set.

The only one I did not care for is the 99-s, the toning in the picture is a little distracting for me. But the 78-cc (#1) is a knock out!

that's a real nice set.

The only one I did not care for is the 99-s, the toning in the picture is a little distracting for me. But the 78-cc (#1) is a knock out!

Actually, they are all a little brighter. There is just a slight hint of golden toning in the central areas on all of them. My lighting system (What system?!) $uck$.

Chris

You don't need two 1878-CC send one of them my way. devil.gif

Heh! Heh! If you only knew how many I really have. Maybe I should change my username to PackRat.

Chris

Thanks, James! My initial thought on the first CC was that it is a point undergraded. What do you think?

Chris

The first one looks like it has a pretty good scratch on liberty's cheek that may have stopped it from 64 Chris. JMO

That isn't on the coin, but she did take a couple on the nose.

Chris

The first one looks like it has a pretty good scratch on liberty's cheek that may have stopped it from 64 Chris. JMO

That isn't on the coin, but she did take a couple on the nose.

Chris

Still very nice Chris!!!

Thanks, James! My initial thought on the first CC was that it is a point undergraded. What do you think?

Chris

For a CC, it's awfully nice. There's a pretty good jump at MS-64, so it's a coin worth trying once more, I'd guess.