• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you had a big dispute with a coin dealer or grading service, would you.......

9 posts in this topic

No, because I don't believe she could render an unbiased opinion. I believe she rules more based on how she likes the person rather than the facts.

However, I would have NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER filing a lawsuit against a dealer or grading service if I felt I was wronged.

I saw one episode of that Texas judge show, whatever his name is, where they had a guy who got ripped on a bunch of junk coins. They showed one that was like a super sized silver eagle, obviously only worth bullion, that the fool paid a premium for. The judge ruled against him in favor of the dealer.

One thing I hope I would never do is start a big thread about it......

So far I have been fortunate in my dealings with folks, and that even includes returning coins......

One thing I hope I would never do is start a big thread about it......

Agree. I think it should be handled privately. Although I might do some PM'ing to get some opinions.

There is always the tempatation to call a dealer out so if something doesn't get resolved is there a "duty" to post something like this? I dunno... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

jom

Bert, Judge Judy's Marshall is a coin collector. I saw him at the Long Beach show, two shows ago.

According to one Dealer, he was buying up some pretty nice material.