• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1807 Capped Bust Half, grade and attributed Overton # shown with comments.

17 posts in this topic

I picked this Raw 1807 Capped Bust Half at the recent Long Beach Coin Expo from Osburn! grin.gif

If you care to comment and/or grade, Overton number from my pictures on my 200 year old Bustie, be my guest and thank you all. 893applaud-thumb.gif

AAJ

1807cbho.jpg

1807cbhr.jpg

The subtype I design of 1807-1808 is my favorite subtype of this series. It is also, in general, wildly undergraded by folks who do not realize that these did not look like later CBHs.

Do you think that your new coin and my new coin knew each other in college?

smile.gif

Hi, Fletcher hi.gif

Yea, they went and were spent at different schools together! insane.gif

AAJ

Going by the obverse it might push 30. These are known to be weakly struck and especially on the left wing facing. Which a lot of it is weak strike on this coin but a lot is wear as well. So, then I go to the right wing facing ( the not weak strike area) which has the feel of a 25 imo. I think some of the VF grades split hairs. Considering the actual wear on this coin if I owned it I would call it VF-25. 893blahblah.gifcool.gif

Hi, Everyone hi.gifhi.gif

Everyone seem to get the grade of VF 30, thanks to all great job! thumbsup2.gif

Also thank you all for the positive responses for my 1807 CBH!

MBA101 was the first to attribute this 1807 as a O-112 and jtryka and jesbroken also got the correct Overton# and grade that Osburn gave her! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I think this 1807 O-112, 50/20 is a nice example of this first Capped Bust Half two year type! grin.gif

I'm thrilled to add her to my CBH collection! cloud9.gif

AAJ