• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi Guys! Please be Gentle!

27 posts in this topic

Yep, all the 1943 cents are steel. Unfortunately, steel will rust.

The only coins I see that would warrant a cleaning are the 1943 steel cents, and one of your Indians. And those would not be worth the time or money to clean them. Leave them be!

Looks like a nice set of low to mid grade circulated coinage. Not worth much, and you will have a hard time selling them for much more than their silver value, but they are nice.

Are you sure there isn't a 2 beside the 1 on the dime? If it is then bingo, you have a winner.

On the 1896 O is a better date meaning , depending on condition could be worth more.

These are some of the things that you need to check out before you dismiss them as junk.

Have you gotten any offers yet?

The 1897-S Morgan has a price jump at AU. I kinda doubt this one will quite make it to AU, but it's still pretty nice. The wing feathers look pretty good.

That Barber half also looks pretty nice . . . as does the Barber quarter. Both of them have full reverse rims, and the reverses often look a lot worse than the obverses. These are pretty good for the grade.

I think you could do better than than melt on those and maybe a few of the others.

As for those steel cents, it seems like everybody's got a few rusted steel cents. I've got a whole roll of them, and I don't have a clue what to do with them. In my opinion, they are worth exactly one cent a piece, but I can't bring myself to spend them. My grandmother had saved them. There only value is sentimental.

The 1897-S Morgan has a price jump at AU.

Oops, I was confused. I was thinking of the 1896-O, and this 96-O is nowhere near AU. In this grade it's only a little better than a common date.