• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Have Too Many Coins

12 posts in this topic

sign-rantpost.gif I'm in the middle of moving apartments, where the big move with everyone helping is on Saturday. I'm maybe 60% packed at the moment ... but I have to say that I have WAY TOO MANY COINS. I filled literally over a dozen boexes (around the volume of a small tissue box. They're in a pile by my door ... and it's just insane (a) how heavy they are, and (b) just how much space they take up when you have dozens of tubes of modern stuff.

Sorry, just taking a packing break to rant ... back to boxing stuff up. Sigh. frustrated.gif

If you want, get the Postal Service and UPS to pick them up. PM me and I will give you an address to send them to! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Scott hi.gif

If you send me a box, and Scott a box, and Russ a box, and Chad a box, then none of us will have the problem of having too much. We are more than willing to help you out. wink.gif

I thought that would be the typical response. smile.gif

But no, I'll just have my 8 helpers tomorrow help carry them to the moving truck. And I'll warn them not to be deceived by appearances -- that many of the tiny boxes are the heaviest and many of the large boxes are relatively light.

However, when I move after grad school, I might downsize ... just a little. wink.gif

I don't think I would put my collection in a moving truck.:)

I agree Larry. I would be transporting these personally. I have heard of boxes coming up missing with moving storage companies if this be the case.

It's a UHaul that friends and I are packing up. No one I don't know is involved. And the boxes can go on the bottom shelf of some shelves I have so them opening won't be an issue.

And now that the move is done, people complained about three things, in this order of level of complaint:

(1) Couch. (It's a pull-out sofa bed grad-student hand-me-down ... incredibly heavy and bulky.)

(2) Coins. (Comments like, "You know, some people collect cotton balls, or baseball cards, or dollar bills." Or, "I'm going to put all these in a big box and put it on the top shelf," to which I responded, "If you can actually lift that box and it stays together, be my guest.")

(3) "You need to learn to tape boxes shut."

I'd say that it was a pretty successful move, all things considered, especially if the only thing I did wrong was to not tape the boxes. It only took 45 minutes to load and 45 minutes to unload with 9 of us total, so that's pretty good.

And why did whoever give this 3 stars give it three stars? It's just a small little rant and I don't see the purpose, really, in giving it any stars.

It only took 45 minutes to load and 45 minutes to unload with 9 of us total, so that's pretty good.

That is about 13-1/2 manhours of labor.

I will dread when the time comes to move. Right now, I would guestimate that my collections weigh 700-800 pounds. How many shoe boxes would that be? How many trips back and forth to the van to load all of them? It's about 100' feet each way. Geez, I'm already getting tired.

Chris