• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Presidential Proof Sets Available

11 posts in this topic

Yes, I've got one set of each coming on the subscription plan. Hope they are better than what I've seen of the Adams coins. I've opened 10 rolls and have not found one that would grade above MS65/66. Super poor quality. I had several rolls of the Washington's that would have graded at least MS67. Not Adams P or D.

Edited to add that I also got the 4 coin proof set.

It will be interesting to see how many errors on found on these coins. Aren't these suppose to have all the edge lettering going in one direction unlike the business strike versions?

Probably for the whole series (or at least all of each president. I could see some presidents having it right side up and other presidents upside down, but none of them should come both ways.) and I would think they will all be in what PCGS calls "Position B". You have to remember that on the proofs the edge inscription is on he striking collar die, and since the obv/rev arrangement is supposedly always the same for a coin in any given year the collar will also always be in the same position. (Supposedly the obv/rev arrangement is supposed to be the same for a entire series, but I think that from time to time the obv/rev positions are switched on some years.)

How much do you think these will value at in 5 years?

I really think this is going to depend on the mintage numbers just as did the Statehood Qtrs.. Depending on how many are produced with this first year proof sets, unless they still remain available at the mint, I see people jumping on these on ebay just as they did everything else that's new. But wait, and I'm sure they will reach sane values.