• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What subject waould you like to see on a commem.?

13 posts in this topic

well since the forums are buzzing about the first spouse coins and now the proposed solar system series, i would like to know what you would like to see depicted on a modern commem. personally i would like to see a Frank Sinatra commemorative smile.gif what about you?

NO MORE PRESIDENTS!!! No more First Wives, no First Children, no First Pets...

Something meaningful!

The Presidents are meaningful. I’m not one that is given to greatness by relation however. The wives, kids, and dogs are of no consequence to me.

I would like to see more coins of historical wars. The early civil war commems really opened my eyes to that time in history. It prompted me to buy that 12 hour PBS civil war documentary which I thoroughly enjoyed. Maybe a coin about the war of 1812???

How about "The many faces of Liberty" series? Silver 50 cent commems with the different faces of liberty on them. Maybe 5 a year? Keeping it to the 50 cent coin would keep it affordable for everybody. Sure would make a nice series in year by year multiholders!

Or on a lighter note (in keeping with the current "franklin mint" trend) perhaps Great Gameshow Hosts? Could make them out of aluminium...

a great thread question 893applaud-thumb.gif

Liberace thumbsup2.gif

I think i would rather see one dedicated the some of America's greatest coin designers. makepoint.gif

Morgan,Pratt, St. Gaudens,Weinman,Barber,Henry Voight,Adam Eckfield,Robert Scot,

Christian Grobrecht,Thomas Sully,James Longacre, John Reich,James Earl Fraser,Herman MacNeil,Anthony de Francisci, and of course Victor D. Brenner. yay.gif

Gotta do something with the dime. It has not seen a makeover in years.

And haven't we had enough of FDR? Twelve years as president, 61 years on the dime. Maybe it's time to give someone else a turn.

How about FDR's cousin? The only member of the Mount Rushmore Four not to be honored on a coin?!

Scott hi.gif