• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The future of the golden dollar

43 posts in this topic

So, another personal attack in your last post is going to make things better??? 893frustrated.gif Disagreeing and attacking are two different things. Heck, there are people who disagree with me all the time, but don't make it personal. As far as not liking you, I don't even know you. You are probably a nice person, a good guy, a fine American. But it is evident, you and I don't agree, so why make it personal? I will agree to this, I will not instigate a derogatory comment at you, if you do the same. I will comment on anything you post. You may not like it, but this is America, right? cloud9.gif

TRUTH

truth,

whenever you attack very closely held personal beliefs, the attack is already personal, whether you think so or not. I will agree not to make any derogatory comments towards you, and the only way I can accomplish that is to make every effort to avoid reading or responding to anything you post in the future.

As for you responding to my posts, I cannot stop you, the First Amendment still applies in here, however, if I cease posting altogether, it will accomplish the same end result.

There is no need for any hand shaking or truce. truth is victorious, and I have been vanquished. That's the end of the story.

Greg,

Would you really tear down a great social leader, because he plagarized a thesis, or tear down a great political leader because he cheated on his wife. INDEED, priorities are backwards here. Should we all have a squeaky clean moral leader, who brings the economy into ruin, sends young men and women into hopeless wartime situations, lets cronyism cloud his judgement? Give me a great leader over personal morality, ANY DAY. Greatness goes to the one who selflessly brings UP America, not tear it down.

TRUTH

No, I wouldn't ignore the good they did just because there is also some bad. However, I would never refer to MLK as "Dr." since I believe that he is not deserving of it. It has nothing to do with his qualities outside this incident.

I hope you aren't calling GWB a "squeaky clean moral leader" since half the time he is being bashed by liberals as a coke head and drunk. He can't be both. smile.gif

Personally, in your private life I don't really care what type of person you are as long as you don't hurt others. However, I feel in order to be on a coin you should have contributed to this country OVERALL in a positive way. I do think that Reagan qualifies. I don't think Clinton would. In fact I consider him a bland president that didn't do much for this country. Same with GHB.

There are lots of people I would put on coins that made great contributions to this country who weren't presidents. Franklin was an incredible man. Why not put inventors or scientists on coins?

I do think that Reagan qualifies. I don't think Clinton would.

I disagree with this because if Reagan qualifies so does Clinton and King. Franklin is a FAR better example of someone who "deserves" a commemoration. Can't we find someone worthy? How about someone more obscure such as Edwin Armstrong or so some other inventor?

jom

I do think that Reagan qualifies. I don't think Clinton would.

I disagree with this because if Reagan qualifies so does Clinton and King.

Let's leave King out of this for now. What did Clinton do that makes him worthy of being on a coin? Reagan presided over this country and led this country to becoming the only remaining superpower. Had Jimmy Carter remained president the USSR would probably still be around today. I believe that Reagan had a sizeable affect on the direction of the country.

Clinton was in the right place at the right time with a once-in-a-hundred-years economic boom. Had GHB been reelected he'd have presided over it. It didn't matter who was president. However, I think you can say that had it been a business friendly president and not one like Clinton that wanted to punish successful businesses, the economy would have been even better.

Can you name a SIGNIFICANT thing that Clinton accomplished? I can't.

Can you name a SIGNIFICANT thing that Clinton accomplished? I can't.

He had an orgasm in the Oval Office. For most people, the odds of that are pretty low.

However, I think you can say that had it been a business friendly president and not one like Clinton that wanted to punish successful businesses, the economy would have been even better.

That is pure speculation at best..but whatever.

Greg, I do NOT want to get into politics here. I'm not very good at putting my thoughts down on "paper" with such serious matters. We can discuss this when I buy YOU lunch at the LB show...I owe you one. laugh.gif

jom

Franklin is a FAR better example of someone who "deserves" a commemoration.

Now here is a very smart statement from a very smart Cat!

Be Bop a Bubble Gum!

Disagreement is one thing, but the squabbling that went on in this post was totally annoying.

Jtryka, I have to say that I was going to personally email you, to give you encouragement in face of the bashing and name calling you recieved. It was deplorable. Now I don't know what you two guys interchanged in the past, but whatever it may have been, I think name calling doesn't belong on this board. It doesn't belong anywhere between civilized human beings, quite honestly.

Additionally, I need to respond to:

I think FDR was one of the worst, anti-American presidents of the last 226 years

This hit me hard.

FDR was an extremely well educated and wealthy man who devoted his life to the American people. Against popular opinion, he and Churchill developed a relationship which sought to destroy Facism.

He also played an invaluable role in the development of child labor laws, providing federal aid to the states for unemployment relief, creating the minimum wage and social security among so many other socially equitable contributions. He understood suffering and humanity in a very noble way.

to give you encouragement in face of the bashing and name calling you recieved. It was deplorable

I'd agree but he received no such "bashing". In fact, it was only the ex-Presidents that got the bashing..

I also agree with your post about FDR. Good job! laugh.gif

jom