• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade revealed for: Hopefully a fun/interesting "guess the grade" coin.....

52 posts in this topic

Dang Mark...that Pilgrim has got some detail.

MS-67

wink.gif

(to be on the high end of the spectrum...taking into account the large image vs. what the coin would look like in normal size)

I can see the tendons in his left hand.

Now, what will the rest of the forum members respond after this?

also if inhand the lustre is killer which it might be but cant tell from the photo then ms 65

and if it is in an ms64 holder it is a really high end ms 64

cloud9.gif

55-58 Mark

These don't show that much of a premium, as you know, until you reach the top of the grading scale..so these AU pieces are a steal.

Nice coin.

Dang Mark...that Pilgrim has got some detail.

MS-67

wink.gif

(to be on the high end of the spectrum...taking into account the large image vs. what the coin would look like in normal size)

I can see the tendons in his left hand.

Now, what will the rest of the forum members respond after this?

i'll concur with you, MS67

Who will be first to have a go at it? And who will be first to guess it "right"?

pilgrim.jpgpilgrimr.jpg

AU50 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Looks like wear on the cap,face,hair, lapel,Shoulder and arm and the rigging on the reverse looks nonexistant...Or not confused-smiley-013.gif

I don't know much about these but ity looks like it has some great detail on what I think are the high relief areas. I'm gonna guess MS66.

I don't know much about these but ity looks like it has some great detail on what I think are the high relief areas. I'm gonna guess MS66.
Just for comparison, This is a 66 that is up for auction on heritage as we speak... It has no bids and I believe the reserve is at $650.00

In my opinion correctly graded and if you compare the two you can get a better grip on the grade.

506723.jpg

507349.jpg

My initial guess is MS66. I read the other posts and I do see what might be construed as wear on the cheek. That might be simple "rub", not from circulation. It depends on the gem-like qualities in hand and overall luster. If the luster is all there, I don't see this in a 65 holder...it's a 6.

I think that it is 67... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Now watch - it's a VF.

eatcrowII.jpg If it turns out to be a VF, then there will be a lot of this served up by Mark.