• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post an AU 50-8 coin of yours you really like.

81 posts in this topic

The 1805 dime was the coin that really got me hooked on early American coins. It was one of the first high grade early U.S. coins I had ever seen, and it was the first one I owned. I purchased it soon after I got my first "real job" after graduating from college.

It is in a PCGS AU-58 holder. I once had another 1805 dime in a PCGS MS-62 holder that was a virtual twin to this piece. I sold that one as part of my business. Sadly you can't keep everything.

1805DimeO.jpg1805DimeR.jpg

The 1805 dime was the coin that really got me hooked on early American coins. It was one of the first high grade early U.S. coins I had ever seen, and it was the first one I owned. I purchased it soon after I got my first "real job" after graduating from college.

It is in a PCGS AU-58 holder. I once had another 1805 dime in a PCGS MS-62 holder that was a virtual twin to this piece. I sold that one as part of my business. Sadly you can't keep everything.

1805DimeO.jpg1805DimeR.jpg

wow great coin! i love early stuff smile.gif

I have quite a few AU58 coins. Here are two - the Trade Dollar is in a ANACS holder, the bust half in a PCGS slab.

56961344.jpg

56961345.jpg

65606037.jpg

65606039.jpg

nice trade!

i'm diggin the date on the bustie smile.gif

Hi, SkyMan and All hi.gif

I bought this in a PCGS AU-55 slab. I liked the golden color to the coin. It was for my DANSCO 7070 Type Coin Set! grin.gif

AAJ

us20ccoin.jpg

Nice coins everybody!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif There's some REAL pretty beasties here! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Construct here is your dollar...

1853295-916176.jpg1853299-916181.jpg

Nice trade dollar & CBH Steve thumbsup2.gif, nice 20center Al thumbsup2.gif, Nice dollar gold there Sky thumbsup2.gif, nice silver 3c Dave thumbsup2.gif, and another very nice trade dollar there Larry! thumbsup2.gif WHEW!! cloud9.gif

Nice trade dollar & CBH Steve thumbsup2.gif, nice 20center Al thumbsup2.gif, Nice dollar gold there Sky thumbsup2.gif, nice silver 3c Dave thumbsup2.gif, and another very nice trade dollar there Larry! thumbsup2.gif WHEW!! cloud9.gif

1853534-fogsite2.gif"Ah could just lay and watch these beauties all day." 893applaud-thumb.gif

1853534-fogsite2.gif.8ffa718a684957cb2a1e7bbfa493cc0d.gif

Nice Trade dollar Stan. I used to think I had a nice trade dollar, then it turned out to be a nice counterfeit trade dollar. 27_laughing.gif

Hey zrlevin,

The three most important items when grading these busties are:

1.) Luster

2.) Luster

and

3.) Luster

These are all about their luster. The coin you posted does not show (at least in the pics) enough luster to make the AU grade. Now this may just be because of the pic, but that is what I am seeing.

Winston, I bought that one from my local dealer about a year ago for $90. It was in my type set for a while.

JRocco, this coin doesn't have too much in the luster department. Thanks for the help!