• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about 2007 Buffalo gold bullion

7 posts in this topic

I recently received my 2007 buff from the mint.

today, i looked at in the coin in the direct sunlight, and i noticed

a tiny F under the year between the 0 and 7.

Does anyone know what that signifies??

Has anyone actually weighed these coins??

I wouldn't be suprised someone was skimming in the gov.

The F is the Designer's initial.

Get a scale and weigh them. I'm sure the government isn't scamming anyone. (well, at least not with bullion coins)

The "F" is for Fraser, as in James Earle Fraser the original designer of the Buffalo Nickel, which this coin is based.

I have the 2006 proof Buffalo and weighed it shortly after I received the coin from the Mint. It actually weighed 2 grains over one ounce. I even recalibrated the scale to ensure that was correct, which is within tolerance.

Scott hi.gif

The "F" is for Fraser, as in James Earle Fraser the original designer of the Buffalo Nickel, which this coin is based.

I have the 2006 proof Buffalo and weighed it shortly after I received the coin from the Mint. It actually weighed 2 grains over one ounce. I even recalibrated the scale to ensure that was correct, which is within tolerance.

Scott hi.gif

So you actually opened up its casing??

and actually touched..

you brave man

headbang.gif

Scott hi.gif

So you actually opened up its casing??

and actually touched..

you brave man

headbang.gif

I wear cotton gloves and put the coin on a piece of cheese cloth. No epidermis came in contact with the coin--but the capsul was a *spoon* to deal with!!

Scott hi.gif