• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proof Penny Picture Post

10 posts in this topic

Here are a couple I just can't get myself to list for sale (meaning I can then show them off here!).

The blue on the first was appears neon plated and it has just a hint of maroon captured in the devices to set it off as a real proof blazer!

The 1939 has always been a favorite as the lime green mixed with pumpkin orange over glittering proof GEM surfaces is mesmorizing.

There's nothing like killer proof copper to get the heart racing!

wildcentx.jpg

cloud9.gifcloud9.gif

wildcentxx.jpg

cloud9.gifcloud9.gif

That seems to be a really nice looking 39 Braddick! What grade is it?

Sorry, I tried and tried to attach a photo here....can't seem to get it blush.gif

The Proof 1939 was in an NGC PR66 R/B holder and I had it crossed (at any grade) to PCGS PR65 R/B.

The only reason I really did so is I have about half a dozen real copper proof stunners and I wanted them all in the same holder.

The Proof 1939 was in an NGC PR66 R/B holder and I had it crossed (at any grade) to PCGS PR65 R/B.

The only reason I really did so is I have about half a dozen real copper proof stunners and I wanted them all in the same holder.

That sounds about right. PCGS just does give 66's to proofs of this era with toning.

Next question. How much? wink.gif
I heard it expressed, in the past, collectors make lousy dealers and now I know why.

I just can't bring myself around to selling these!

A "true" dealer would probably have no problem.