• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vending machine

31 posts in this topic

I'd never dreamed of the exsistance of vending machine for coins and currency, but someone posted the following pictures on the coin related web site the other day........yes, they do exist here in Japan although I've never seen one before.

1850679-vending1.jpg1850679-vending2.jpg

My question is, do they also exist in U.S? If so, what kind of coins do they sell? wink.gif

1850679-vending2.jpg.fb380502071fb319f09095b928f5296e.jpg

Never seen any here. I'm surprised those machine are still standing. By nightfall, these would have already had a "Smash and Grab" performed on them!

I think in the lobby of the US Mint there are similar machines. I’m not sure if they sell bullion, but I’m pretty sure you can get freshly-minted circulation strikes there.

And, Bobby, not too much danger of smash and grab in that place 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I think in the lobby of the US Mint there are similar machines. I’m not sure if they sell bullion, but I’m pretty sure you can get freshly-minted circulation strikes there.

And, Bobby, not too much danger of smash and grab in that place 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I hear ya. And I'll bet we have some pretty good security there also!!

elmer.jpg

toyonakataro

After watching many episodes of "COPS" here in America, a TV show dedicated to the Police vs Bad Guys in many major metropoitan areas, you see just about everything as the camera crew rides along with the "Boys in Blue". I can testify that the cocaine smoker "Crack Heads" would have a "Crack Out" party as soon as a machine like this or any other was set up in any large city here in America. Sad fact, but it's true.

I'd never dreamed of the exsistance of vending machine for coins and currency, but someone posted the following pictures on the coin related web site the other day........yes, they do exist here in Japan although I've never seen one before.

My question is, do they also exist in U.S? If so, what kind of coins do they sell? wink.gif

that is just cool! 27_laughing.gif wish i could walk down the street and get a morgan and a coke at the same time smile.gif

Yeah, but just imagine how mad you'd be if it took your money but the morgan got stuck up in the machine.

That would be my luck! frown.gif

There was a small bubble gum machine here a few years ago with cleaned wheat cents, Indians, and buffalo nickels in it for $1 each. Originally it was 50c each, but I guess the MS70 he was using got expensive after a while.

I was just going to say that Russ. I walked in to my Walmart and there was one of those claw games that had a couple of walkers, they actually looked pretty nice.

The only thing I hate about walmart claw games is they are rigged to not lift anything! Christo_pull_hair.gif

I was just going to say that Russ. I walked in to my Walmart and there was one of those claw games that had a couple of walkers, they actually looked pretty nice.

The only thing I hate about walmart claw games is they are rigged to not lift anything! Christo_pull_hair.gif

Aren’t all the claw games rigged not to lift anything???

i've actually won things out of claw machines. you just have to have skill lolsmirk.gif

And alot of quarters!! That I might add I have to look thru before they go into any machine! 27_laughing.gif

Sorry, just checked the replies and noticed the bad comments. Gladly will edit my post.

wow wild thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

this is the best thred the last month or so on here

cool.gifcool.gifcool.gifcool.gifcool.gifcool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

i love it

what a way to sell coins

i would put one of those vending machines on the floor of a large bourse (coin show) lets say baltimore and the fun show and summer ana

lets see

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i would put in a gem proof deep cameo trade dollar pcgs and this would be 150 hundred dollar bills put into the slot for the coin to come out

the next choice would be a really choice vf lusterous 1806 hald dollar ngc/pcgs graded and with wonderful original cabinet toning this coin you would need 28 50 dollar bills and then coin would come out

the next choice would be a really nice f/vf key date totally original bust quarter large size pcgs graded, 6 one hundred dollar bills you put in the machine you got the coin in the bottom slot

another slot would be a really choice dove grey xf pcgs 1874 trade dollar 10 fifty dollar bills and out comes the trade dollar

the list goes on and on

cloud9.gif

sand the title above the machine would say monster eye appeal

implying that every coin you buy will be amazing killer eye appeal

flamed.gifangel.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

They have everything in vending machinse in japan! Have you ever found used panties in vending machines? They have those too!

thats not right....lol

Stinky, seriously, you guys need to edit your post. The comments could be very insulting to any woman who may be reading this post.

And you ones who quoted also, clean it up please. mad.gif

Stinky, seriously, you guys need to edit your post. The comments could be very insulting to any woman who may be reading this post.

And you ones who quoted also, clean it up please. mad.gif

Thanks Stan, please let's use a little courtesy to other members of the forum! Thanks! angel.gif