• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I need an album idea

9 posts in this topic

I am collection US issued WW2 coinage from 1939-1945. I have a lot of them alreayd and I am on my way of having all the cents, nickels, and dimes. Not long I will have all the quarters and halfs. My problem is that there is 103 total coins in the collection and I want a nice album to show my collection off. Any Ideas?

Contact Capital Plastics and they can make you up a custom job just for your collection. Not exactly cheap but you'll not find a finer way of displaying them.

You need some nice looking craft wood, hole bits, some felt, and a custom cut piece of glass. This would make a fine display!!

I truly hate to give away this secret, but in the spirit of the forum. I used to make up all kinds of type sets, gift sets and birth year sets(sometimes as many as 22 coins). I would go pay $1-$2 for used cigar boxes at a tobacco shop(now I believe $3 to $4) spray paint them gloss black or hunter green, cut out luan 1/4" thick to fit box with coin size holes, glue some felt(now comes with adhesive on it), a piece of 1/8" glass and voila within about 30 minutes I had a personal display case that added many times its cost to the package. For really special collections you can find regal cigar boxes for $10 to $15 of cherry or walnut or most any wood, that will hold up to 30-40 coins(according to size). A little ingenuity and you can save plenty and have an impressive display case. Good luck.

I truly hate to give away this secret, but in the spirit of the forum. I used to make up all kinds of type sets, gift sets and birth year sets(sometimes as many as 22 coins). I would go pay $1-$2 for used cigar boxes at a tobacco shop(now I believe $3 to $4) spray paint them gloss black or hunter green, cut out luan 1/4" thick to fit box with coin size holes, glue some felt(now comes with adhesive on it), a piece of 1/8" glass and voila within about 30 minutes I had a personal display case that added many times its cost to the package. For really special collections you can find regal cigar boxes for $10 to $15 of cherry or walnut or most any wood, that will hold up to 30-40 coins(according to size). A little ingenuity and you can save plenty and have an impressive display case. Good luck.
Just curious but did any of the chemicals or off gasing from the wood and various glues change the appearance of your coins at all?

Just curious but did any of the chemicals or off gasing from the wood and various glues change the appearance of your coins at all?

good question smile.gif