• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1967 JFK DDO- Opinions Invited...

11 posts in this topic

Check the inside tail of the 's' in Trust and the upper left inside curve of the 9 for doubling, this may be a FS-50-1967-102 DDO. Looks good to me Heavy. Congrats if so.

I submitted one like this along with three 1966 SMS Kennedys to JT Stanton (PCI) while at FUN 2007. The 66's came back DDO and the 67 came back Mechanical Doubling.

Chris

I submitted one like this along with three 1966 SMS Kennedys to JT Stanton (PCI) while at FUN 2007. The 66's came back DDO and the 67 came back Mechanical Doubling.

Chris

Please excuse my lack of knowledge on this subject. What is the difference between DDO and mechanically doubled? What effects on the value of this coin are realized by DDO as compared to being mechanically doubled? TIA,hm.

Chris

Please excuse my lack of knowledge on this subject. What is the difference between DDO and mechanically doubled? What effects on the value of this coin are realized by DDO as compared to being mechanically doubled? TIA,hm.

DDO means the obverse "die" is doubled. Mechanically doubled means doubling occured when the coin was struck and had a slight movement during the strike process. thumbsup2.gif

Mechanical (also called machine, strike, ejection, shift doubling and die chatter) doubling will have a flat shelflike appearance while a true doubled die will have a secondary image that is raised and rounded, and/or with notches on the serifs. My first impression of your image is that you have mechanical doubling. smile.gif