• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade this 1924-S Peace dollar if you feel like it. (Grade bought as posted).

8 posts in this topic

This is a raw '24-S I got over a year ago. The images are by Bob Campbell and I think he did a very nice job. The one thing that did surprise me from the image is the looping scratch going from Liberty's nose to the top of her neck. The light angle must have hit that just right because I never noticed that scratch before, and even focusing on that area in hand it is dang near impossible to see that scratch. For all intents and purposes you cannot see it. My best guess is that the coin is album toned. So, what would you grade the coin? Thanks. I'll post what I bought it as sometime between 3-6 pm (CA. time) this evening.

24Sobv692.jpg

24Srev695.jpg

I would say AU55, and wouldn't be so concerned with the obverse scratch but with the damage on the lower tail feathers and is that a counterstamp 66 on the central wing area? Maybe just because of being enlarged everything shows.

Thank you for all the responses. I bought this as an XF-40+ in 2005 for $30, which I though was a real good price for this coin. Personally I'd grade it 45-50ish.

EDITED TO ADD: Jesbroken, that's a rimroll at the central portion of the wing.