• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEWP - My 28-P Toner Peace $ BDay Present

10 posts in this topic

I finally found it and decided it would make a perfect bday present to myself. After 5 years of searching I found a 28-P MS toned Peace $. I have an AU-58 thats gold and blue but I really wanted a MS example. Since this year and mintmark is typically one of the keys, most of all the examples I have seen have been dipped or have unattractive/non-colorful toning.

I found this one on IslandCoins.com by chance and jumped on it. I just wanted to thank them for great service and quick shipping. Their pics are accurate and I'm really quite pleased with this coin.

Just one left to complete the set of toned Peace $. Anyone got a MS 34-S with colorful toning. I have never seen one that is colorful.

Here's a link to pics of the MS example on IslandCoins.com. I havent photographed the coin yet.

28-P toner Peace $

And here's a pic of the coin its replacing -

42211820.jpg

42211821.jpg

Thanks

Michael

Congratulations on the Newp!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif That is a TOUGH coin to find NT and it sure looks original to me. I'd guess album toning. It also looks clean for a 63.

Just for interests sake would you happen to have a registry set so we can look at the pictures?

The new pick-up is indeed very nice. Something about the one it is replacing looks a little out of line to me, color wise, but I see that it is in a TPG. Congratulations on your latest addition!

As for the colors, these are actually right on. This is typical album toning and it matches other Peace $ I have in my collection. The wild colors on the common dates are questionable.

As for the gold/blue 28-P, I do like that coin and it is one of my favs, I just wanted a MS example to keep the entire set MS. Even though I think theres a chance that my previous coin might actually be MS. There's a little discoloration on the eagle's wing that keeps it in the AU58 holder. Personally I cant see any rub but there is the luster break.

Here ya go for the registry set. I actually have about 60 toned Peace $ but not all are photographed. The better coins (colorwise) are not in the set. I'm going to do a Signature Set for my dups.

Link to Registry Set

Michael

Happy Birthday, FrattLaw. Nice Peace $. I believe I'm with Bobby, I like the original $, especially with the die crack through S of A(if that is what that is). The color is better IMHO. Regardless congrats on the nearing completion of your set.

I reduced the size a bit and adjusted the exposier a tad...(I hope you don't mind)I REALLY like the replacement and I bet in hand she is georgouse...Happy Bday2-1.jpg

Michael, that's a REALLY fun Registry set of Peace dollars you've got there!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif I like it a lot! How long have you been working on it?