• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help with a Morgan $

13 posts in this topic

I ran across this coin on Ebay. The auction says it is graded MS67 by NNC.

1898:

1898mnnc123wh8.jpg

I think it is actually closer to 64 or 65. What do you think?

When an image of a 3rd world slabbed coin has significant shadowing like that one be VERY leery!

I don't think it's a bad looking Morgan myself. Definately not MS67. Too many contacts on the Obv. I would pay MS62-63 money for it though. Looks like it has some nice die cracks on the Rev..

here is a simple formula for you: NNC = junk. avoid at all cost. with that little tidbit, you'll save yourself some heartache. good collecting to you!

ms63 yuk and also a bad dip job or i should say not properly rinsed

needs to be taken out of the holder and redipped and then properly neutralized/rinsed and hopefully there is still some lustre left on the coin with no hint of rub

and also the residue has all dipped out and rinsed off and not eaten in the sub surface of the coin

i guess tomb sums it up well

forget about it makepoint.gif

1898:

1898mnnc123wh8.jpg

Buy the coin and not the holder. MS64 looks fair and not a bad looking Morgan Dollar

1898:

1898mnnc123wh8.jpg

Buy the coin and not the holder. MS64 looks fair and not a bad looking Morgan Dollar

I agree, confused-smiley-013.gif BTW what is that on coin above God on reverse, below T in STATES?